PDA

View Full Version : AAC Blackout FH

M4A1CQBR
03-31-09, 22:36
How many of you use the AAC Blackout Flash Hider and how do you like it?

NickB
03-31-09, 22:54

I have BLACKOUT flash hiders on every one of my guns, some suppressor mounts, some not. Best flash hider on the market based on my experience and what I've read, and very strong compared to other open-prong designs (drop/impact strength). The only complaint I've heard is that they make a tuning fork sound - it bothered me a little at first, but I don't even notice anymore.

Try one out. I run AAC suppressors almost exclusively so that makes my decision easy. The Surefire/BE Meyers is by no means "bad", and you probably won't be able to tell a difference between the two, but I would give the AAC a go if your primary concern is flash suppression. The only thing I like better than their suppressor mount flash hiders is their muzzle brakes...those, and the KAC inconel flash hider/brake/suppressor mount. That thing is just incredible!

Kimbo
04-01-09, 05:39
The blackout and vortex are the best fh out on the market. The blackout slightly better but not by much in reducing muzzle signature. And if your not shooting suppressed I doubt you will hear the ping noise, I sure as heck don't haha.

jakjakman
04-01-09, 12:35
...The only thing I like better than their suppressor mount flash hiders is their muzzle brakes...

Do you mean the AAC muzzle breaks? I've been looking and looking for some good feedback on those before I tried to get one--could you talk a little more about them? If you've shot a rifle with a surefire mount/brake could you compare the two (for 5.56)? Thanks!

M4A1CQBR
04-01-09, 15:02
Where is a good place to buy an AAC blackout f/h? Who sells them online?

markm
04-01-09, 15:05
Where is a good place to buy an AAC blackout f/h? Who sells them online?

You can get the non silencer mount version from brownells.

M4A1CQBR
04-01-09, 15:13
Where can I get the silencer version online at?

markm
04-01-09, 15:18
politesocietyinc.com

decodeddiesel
04-01-09, 15:35
Where can I get the silencer version online at?

One comes with the silencer.

ETA: I stand corrected. One more reason not to buy AAC. If they can't even include a component necessary for the use of their $800-$1000 product WTF is really going on.

khc3
04-01-09, 15:39
One comes with the silencer.

Not any more, I believe.

decodeddiesel
04-01-09, 15:46
Not any more, I believe.

Seriously? That is some crap.

markm
04-01-09, 15:53
It's true apparently. It's AAC's equivalent of a price increase.

Man are they ****ing horrible with P.R.

scottryan
04-01-09, 18:09
ETA: I stand corrected. One more reason not to buy AAC. If they can't even include a component necessary for the use of their $800-$1000 product WTF is really going on.

They quit including one because alot of people need a different type of mount than an AR15 mount, so AAC let the user buy a specific mount separately.

You don't know what you are talking about.

ZDL
04-01-09, 18:14
Do you mean the AAC muzzle breaks? I've been looking and looking for some good feedback on those before I tried to get one--could you talk a little more about them? If you've shot a rifle with a surefire mount/brake could you compare the two (for 5.56)? Thanks!

Want to know more about this as well.

adh
04-01-09, 20:41
Want to know more about this as well.

AAC's suppressor mounts/breaks are not currently available from what I understand

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=339550#post339550

NickB
04-01-09, 22:33

Unfortunately I have not shot the Surefire muzzle brake - only their flash suppressor. I'm sorry I couldn't be much help on that.

GaryG
04-02-09, 08:31
. . . if your not shooting suppressed I doubt you will hear the ping noise, I sure as heck don't . . .

I definitely can hear the tuning-fork-like piiiinng when not shooting suppressed.

At at recent course, the instructor standing nearby, not familar with the Blackout, thought his earpro was acting up.

It doesn't bother me, tho; in fact, it is kind of entertaining. Definitely not a showstopper for not considering it.

markm
04-02-09, 08:36
I definitely can hear the tuning-fork-like piiiinng when not shooting suppressed.

It really depends on the specific set up. I've shot guns that really ping loud when unsurpressed, but I have a gun with a blackout mount that barely pings at all every so often.

GaryG
04-02-09, 08:46
It really depends on the specific set up. I've shot guns that really ping loud when unsurpressed, but I have a gun with a blackout mount that barely pings at all every so often.

Yes, good point. My specific case is with a shorty . . a 11.5" Commando upper with NATO-spec ammo, so a longer barrel with SAAMI-power ammo could very well be different.

markm
04-02-09, 09:37
Interesting. I have mine mounted on an 11.5 Colt commando, thin profile barrel. My mount rings like crazy when it's off the barrel, but when I installed it, it reflexed back over the shoulder of the thin barrel and that almost totally dampened the pinging.

WS6
04-02-09, 15:29
They quit including one because alot of people need a different type of mount than an AR15 mount, so AAC let the user buy a specific mount separately.

You don't know what you are talking about.

So the price of their can was reduced by the equivalent price of the AAC FH Mount, correct?...Right...?

markm
04-02-09, 15:32
So the price of their can was reduced by the equivalent price of the AAC FH Mount, correct?...Right...?

I could be wrong. But I swear I read Silver's reply to this topic. I thought he implied that it was an effective price increase.... but maybe I'm wrong.

C4IGrant
04-02-09, 16:02

I use them and build a lot of uppers using them. Good stuff IMHO.

C4

scottryan
04-02-09, 16:46

Just about every price on every firearm related item has gone up in the past year.

Should AAC not align themselves to a market reality?

What is your point?

RATFINK57
04-02-09, 23:43
I don't like the ping but, I wanted the suppressor. I don't regret it ether. I will buy a Comp if they come out with one for the M4/SPR.