PDA

View Full Version : Police Exam Book?

Bpurcg19
04-01-09, 08:26
Hi everyone,

Do any of you know of a good police exam book so that I can get a feel for the testing situations and questions. I enter the academy very soon and would like to get some info on what I will be dealing with test wise.

Thanks,
-B

Joe R.
04-01-09, 12:39
The police exam books that I am familiar with are designed to assist with taking the civil service exam to get hired or for promotions, not to assist with the curriculum/testing at the academy level.

It's been 21 years since I was in the academy but if you pay attention, take good notes and asks questions when you need clarification you should be fine.

ZDL
04-01-09, 13:37
Hi everyone,

Do any of you know of a good police exam book so that I can get a feel for the testing situations and questions. I enter the academy very soon and would like to get some info on what I will be dealing with test wise.

Thanks,
-B

As a general rule, unless you are terrible test taker, you shouldn't need one. The tests in my academy were dead on straight forward. The state exam was the same. Pay attention in class, take notes, make study sheets, find a study partner, and you'll do fine. Where are you going to academy? Is it CMS? (do they even have CMS anymore?) Maybe someone can offer you a more personal response re: your area.

Good luck and congratulations. :cool:

NCPatrolAR
04-01-09, 13:46
Save your money. Ibought several of those books before I became a LEO and they didnt do a thing to prep me for the academy.

Bpurcg19
04-01-09, 14:54
Thanks guys. I will be attending Pat Thomas LE Academy just outside of Tallahassee, FL.

Thanks,
-B:D

ZDL
04-01-09, 14:57
Thanks guys. I will be attending Pat Thomas LE Academy just outside of Tallahassee, FL.

Thanks,
-B:D

I'm in FL as well. The state exam is cake. Just pay attention in class. Let me know if I can help.