PDA

View Full Version : LaRue came through and another question

10MMGary
04-01-09, 16:03
My Surefire E2D Defender light and LaRue LT606 mount arrived the other day and the extras were even better than usual. Two bumper stickers a beverage entry tool Dillo dust and a light colored LaRue Tactical ball cap that actually fits my large pumpkin head.

Now for the question on attaching the light to the mount. Does anyone have any tips advice or precautions I should be aware of? It is obvious how to attach it (or so I believe), I am just the cautious type and don't want to damage it or bugger it up when attaching it. Also is the blue locktite required or can I use my torque driver to secure the ring screws?

nickdrak
04-01-09, 16:22
Im not sure what amount of torque LaRue recommends for the torx screws. I would call them and ask before applying any set amount of torque to them using a torque driver, other than as tight as you can get them with your hand and the supplied wrench. I called the other day to ask a tech question, and they were more than helpful.

Definately use the blue loctite. EVERY screw/bolt on your rifle should have blue loctite applied to it. (or red for more critical parts ie: gas key, gasblocks)