PDA

View Full Version : new Glock handbook by Mike Pannone

Boss Hogg
04-02-09, 11:54
Mike Pannone, an SME on all things small-arms, has a new handbook out on the Glock. If it's anything like his M4 handbook, it should be very good.
http://www.bhigear.com/glock-handbook-by-mike-pannone.aspx

I've read Erik Lawrence's book on pistol shooting from the same source and it's a very good resource.

=============================================
The Glock Handbook is a pocket reference intended for use by shooters of every level. It gives a quick reference as well as a refresher prior to giving or receiving instruction and contains all the fundamental informational needs to operate, maintain and train with any Glock pistol.

- Full Color Photos / Diagrams
- 76 page, coil bound booklet
- 4” x 6” Compact Size
- Easily fits in a cargo pocket or range bag
- Excellent training manual

About the Author:
Mike Pannone is a former operational member of U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, U.S. Army Special Forces, and specially selected elements of the Joint Special Operations Command. He has participated in stabilization, combat, and high risk protection operations in support of U.S. policies throughout the world as both an active duty military member and a defense contractor. He was the head marksmanship instructor beginning in March of 2002 at the Federal Air Marshal School in Atlantic City and then took a full time position as the head marksmanship and tactics instructor at the Seattle Field Office of the same agency. Some of his qualifications aside from military and sport shooting (IPSC) experience are:
- Glock Certified Armorer
- Federal Firearms Instructor (qualified as Distinguished Weapons Expert)
- Federal Air Marshal Instructor Course (High Shooter)
- NRA certified Law Enforcement Pistol, Shotgun and Patrol Rifle Instructor

mosrogfor
04-02-09, 12:09
Thanks for the info. I have his M4 Handbook and thought it was well done, must look at getting this some time.

JonInWA
04-02-09, 12:29
How does it compare (other than size-wise) to the Glock Armorer's Manual and/or the PTOOMA Complete Glock Reference Guide?

Best, Jon

Boss Hogg
04-02-09, 14:40
How does it compare (other than size-wise) to the Glock Armorer's Manual and/or the PTOOMA Complete Glock Reference Guide?

Best, Jon

Jon, I don't know. That's why I said it should be good. :)

But the PTOOMA guide (if it's the 300+ page monster with the concrete mixer torture test I'm thinking of) isn't something one would normally keep in the range bag.

LittleRedToyota
04-02-09, 15:25
I've read Erik Lawrence's book on pistol shooting from the same source and it's a very good resource.

i have that book as well and agree with your assessment of it. i hardly ever hear anyone else talking about him or that book, but i thought it was pretty good.

i'll have to check out The Glock Handbook...sounds interesting--given the author's credentials, i bet there will be some good tips in there.

(of course, glocks are so simple, ya kinda don't really need a handbook for 'em from a technical standpoint ;) :D though i do enjoy perusing PTOOMA Glock Reference Guide from time to time.)

M4arc
04-02-09, 17:05
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Of course I'll buy it just because I have to read everything printed about Glocks. Yes, I have a problem...

NextGhost
06-01-09, 17:28
Has anyone managed to get their hands on this yet, and if so what do you think?

Matt Edwards
06-01-09, 20:39
It is a great book and I'd highly recommend it. It is not just about Glocks, but more of a "how to shoot and manipulate a handgun".
Read it thoroughly. There is much good poop to be had.

They are available at ATS tactical Gear also. You will save a buck or so.

sgtrock82
06-01-09, 23:24
Does this book have complete disassembly instructions?

Matt Edwards
06-02-09, 17:58
No, just field stripping. It's a Glock!;)

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-02-09, 18:22
What is in it? I have the 416 handbook and it was pretty nice.

Jay Cunningham
06-02-09, 18:32
Very solid info from a real-deal guy.

GLOCKMASTER
06-02-09, 20:25
I've had a copy for a couple of months now. The book is full of solid information about the Glock and shooting.

JohnD
06-03-09, 19:21
You can find it at www.bhigear.com also.

Boss Hogg
06-07-09, 06:55
I finally got mine yesterday. It differs significantly from his M-4 handbook, but in a good way. As someone said above, it's more about how to shoot a handgun. Malfunctions with a Glock are pretty much declared to be from limp-wristing.

Pistol shooting requires MUCH more than rifle, and this will definitely help one's skills.

He also includes some drills for practice and benchmarks.