PDA

View Full Version : Value of a KAC M4 RAS?

Bread is People
04-02-09, 15:53
Can anyone tell me the value of a KAC M4 RAS? It has not been installed, but has no box or papers. I offered the guy $110 for it, too little, too much? What do they go for NIB? Help me out and be your best friend for the day.

markm
04-02-09, 16:15
You offered him less than half the fair value it seems. The go for $323 New with 3 panals I believe.

tweakmeister
04-02-09, 16:21
I just bought 2 NIB with all panels, etc for $175 each.

If no panels or VFG, knock off maybe $50 from that.

markm
04-02-09, 16:30
I just bought 2 NIB with all panels, etc for $175 each.

WHERE??? :eek:

Shihan
04-02-09, 17:33
Its a shame but there are ALOT of KAC fakes that even bare the KAC name. I would not purchase one from anyone but a known dealer or some one who I trus had done the same.

Kimbo
04-02-09, 19:08
I blame the airsoft manufacture community for these fakes

markm
04-02-09, 19:37
Its a shame but there are ALOT of KAC fakes that even bare the KAC name. I would not purchase one from anyone but a known dealer or some one who I trus had done the same.

Good Point. I can't imagine anyone selling a real KAC RAS M4 for 175 unless it was a beat up unit.

RussellAthletic
04-02-09, 20:34
I ordered one off of eBay for $180 shipped, no vertical grip. I'm still waiting on it to get here. I hope it's authentic, but I guess that's the rick you take with eBay.

Bread is People
04-02-09, 21:08
Its a shame but there are ALOT of KAC fakes that even bare the KAC name. I would not purchase one from anyone but a known dealer or some one who I trust had done the same.

Well, he wanted $150 for it and said to make him an offer, so I did. With no box or papers, I thought something might be up. Good thing I asked first.

Impact
04-02-09, 21:11
you can find some beat up ones for 110 or 120. They make up for nice little refinishing projects.

tweakmeister
04-02-09, 21:29
Agree there are a lot of fakes, particularly with KAC stuff, it's best to buy from a reputable source.

RussellAthletic
04-02-09, 21:37
What's the best way to identify a real KAC rail? I would assume from the exterior it would be nearly possible, but isn't the KAC logo stamped on the metal lining the inside of the rail? Surely that hasn't been imitated...

tweakmeister
04-02-09, 23:15
Examine the box, look for telltale stampings.

On the rail, look at the quality of the metal, the plastics, etc.

Any sort of misspellings, uneven printing or stamping, etc is a great telltale.

There is also the live.com cash back going, but be very leery of eBay sellers.

Mine were real and great.

mskdgunman
04-03-09, 20:51
In one of the few firearms related deals I've ever found, I picked up a NIB KAC rail system for my AR complete with the roll up pouch for the rail covers, the rail covers themselves and a KAC foregrip for $100. They guy needed money and I was at the right place at the right time...that usually doesn't happen to me so I jumped on it.

jtskier11
04-03-09, 23:12
Picked mine up used with 3 panels for $160 on ARFCOM. Great shape.

markm
04-04-09, 18:51
Picked mine up used with 3 panels for $160 on ARFCOM. Great shape.

I'll have to start searching again. I couldn't find chit for sale last time I looked. Let alone good priced units.

Buckaroo
04-04-09, 20:54
Sometimes I find that using Elite Deal Seeker helps...

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/?category=gunstuff

Buckaroo

tex45acp
04-04-09, 21:36
I bought mine new in box with vertical grip, 9 panels, roll up pouch and quad rail for $200 about a month ago. A buddy of mines cousin was just back from IRAQ and was going to build his own carbine, when he found out his family was increasing by two. He already has one son and now he will either have three or a pair of girls for the son to look after. I wish I could have bought his lower, but the KAC RAS was all he had left.

tex45acp

markm
04-05-09, 14:06
Quit bragging on the smoking deals. :mad:

jtskier11
04-05-09, 16:02
I'll have to start searching again. I couldn't find chit for sale last time I looked. Let alone good priced units.

I ended up looking for a few weeks. Almost bought an MI before I tripped across the KAC. Kinda glad I waited for one too.

markm
04-05-09, 21:38
I ended up looking for a few weeks. Almost bought an MI before I tripped across the KAC. Kinda glad I waited for one too.

I have both a model from MI and a KAC RAS. I like the KAC RAS dimensions a lot more. The MI isn't bad, but you really can't run KAC panels on it because the rail is so fat already, the thing would be like gripping a football with panels installed. I have to use ladders on that beast.

jtskier11
04-05-09, 21:46
I have both a model from MI and a KAC RAS. I like the KAC RAS dimensions a lot more. The MI isn't bad, but you really can't run KAC panels on it because the rail is so fat already, the thing would be like gripping a football with panels installed. I have to use ladders on that beast.

That is exactlly why I didnt want the MI. It was huge even with no panels on it. Then with the addition of panels, it was massive!