PDA

View Full Version : Rail-Mounted Glock

Outlander Systems
04-02-09, 19:23
Uhhhhhhhh? :eek:

I wish I was making this up.

http://www.fab-defense.com/images/big-details/uta-19.jpg

http://www.fab-defense.com/en/weapon-m16-m4-ar15/id-50/univeral-tactical-attachment-for-glock-19.html

Mounts a Glock 19 pistol underneath any long firearm (assault rifle, shotgun or SMG) for a unified, tactically-enhanced, dual weapon system

Glock pistol doubles as backup weapon and

forward grip

Suitable for left-handed or right-handed shooters

Attaches to a standard Picatinny rail

Requires only minor modification to the pistol: Glock charging handle mount replaces Glock slide cover plate. Charging handle allows handgun to be charged while mounted underneath long gun.

Cutting edge ergonomic design

Durable&lightweight

Quick connecting user installed

Ensures your backup weapon is kept readily available at all times[/I]

ZDL
04-02-09, 19:26
It's April 2nd.

Outlander Systems
04-02-09, 19:28
http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/UTA4.jpg

Iraqgunz
04-02-09, 19:32
Does anyone know where and if they are available? I can see this is a viable alternative to an SBR or something gay like that.

Outlander Systems
04-02-09, 19:34
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/store/side_arm-accessories/p8.htm

PlatoCATM
04-02-09, 20:08
Could you imagine the sight off-set? It would probably be around 5 inches.

IG, how would this be an alternative to an SBR? I'm not disputing it, just not seeing it.

Rider79
04-02-09, 20:21
I saw it firsthand at SHOT '08. The FAB rep described it has having your backup weapon immediately available, along the lines of, if you're in the fatal funnel, and your gun runs dry/jams, you can just pull the trigger on the Glock instead of performing a transition.

Bighead
04-02-09, 20:59
Ugh. :rolleyes:

It looks like magazine changes with either weapon would suck.

Gutshot John
04-02-09, 21:01
Maybe doesn't matter but what about sympathetic trigger pull? :confused:

sandman99and9
04-02-09, 21:13
How many of the tacticoool guys are gonna be foaming at the mouth over at TOS when they see this thing !!!

s.m.

Rider79
04-02-09, 21:14
Maybe doesn't matter but what about sympathetic trigger pull? :confused:

I considered asking him about that, but I instead opted with staring at him and the contraption blankly after his presentation, and then walking away.

Outlander Systems
04-02-09, 21:22
This might be the lamest thing I've seen since the pistol bayonet.

The "justification" of having an on-axis backup weapon is ridiculous.

ZDL
04-02-09, 21:30
This might be the lamest thing I've seen since the pistol bayonet.

The "justification" of having an on-axis backup weapon is ridiculous.

What about this WITH the pistol bayonet????? Total badassery.

DrBaker
04-02-09, 21:59
Would this turn the Glock into an SBR? I'm trying to remember how the Knights Masterkey is classified as similar rules might work for the Glock.

khc3
04-02-09, 22:07
Would this turn the Glock into an SBR? I'm trying to remember how the Knights Masterkey is classified as similar rules might work for the Glock.

Yes, it would.

Outlander Systems
04-02-09, 22:09
What about this WITH the pistol bayonet????? Total badassery.

Whoa whoa whoa!

Take it eaaaasy, bro.

The world ain't ready for all that yet.

MarshallDodge
04-02-09, 22:34
I don't see any issue here, after all it's "tactically-enhanced". :rolleyes:

The tactical plastic surgeons obviously failed at making any improvements.

Caeser25
04-02-09, 22:49
I saw it firsthand at SHOT '08. The FAB rep described it has having your backup weapon immediately available, along the lines of, if you're in the fatal funnel, and your gun runs dry/jams, you can just pull the trigger on the Glock instead of performing a transition.

I was kinda:confused: but that does make sense, as rare as that would happen

Rider79
04-03-09, 00:53
It's what my old firearms instructor would call a solution in search of a problem.

NinjaMedic
04-03-09, 04:42
Could you imagine the sight off-set? It would probably be around 5 inches.

IG, how would this be an alternative to an SBR? I'm not disputing it, just not seeing it.

I believe I picked up on a hint of sarcasm in IG's reply.

Iraqgunz
04-03-09, 04:59
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner, folks.

It would still be bad ass though. Think about the ease of transition.

I believe I picked up on a hint of sarcasm in IG's reply.

Rider79
04-03-09, 07:11

I hope this is still your sarcasm talking. I've handled it, its ghey, end of story.

30 cal slut
04-03-09, 08:54
just put a glock .40 on that sucker. then it would a destructive device and not just a wimpy SBR. :cool:

adh
04-03-09, 09:47
I may have missed it if somebody already commented on it, but my understanding is that by attaching it to a long gun, you are adding a stock to the Glock and hence without your $200 stamp you've manufactured an illegal NFA weapon/SBR.

Iraqgunz
04-03-09, 14:24
Maybe someone can write a letter to the BATFE for clarification and then see what happens......this stupid thing will probably not survive anyways except in an airsoft world.

dmanflynn
04-03-09, 21:40
http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/UTA4.jpg

could you imagine firing a G18 from this thing? plus all that barrel fowling powder blowin all over my pampered scratch free glock:D haha, man, what next? could you imagine swingin that thing around! talk about unbalanced lol!

ballistic
04-03-09, 21:57
Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Heavy Metal
04-04-09, 19:15
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner, folks.

I have a better idea. I am instead developing a technique that will allow me to kill someone with my mind. Think of the ammo I will save and the speed of transition! WOW!!!!

Yojimbo
04-04-09, 21:43
I think I'll get two of them and mount Glock 19's to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock rails on my carbine! If one is good then two must be twice as good!!!

Seriously though, I've seen this thing before and all I can do is shake my head. :rolleyes:

Who the hell thinks up shit like this?

Worse yet, who the hell actually decides it's a good enough idea to put into production?

Heavy Metal
04-04-09, 23:23
I am going to develop a rail-mounted beverage holder.

Yojimbo
04-05-09, 08:54
I am going to develop a rail-mounted beverage holder.

LOL:D

Believe it or not, someone a TOS already did this as a joke...

Iraqgunz
04-05-09, 15:18
You haven' perfected that yet? Dude, I got that skill when I went to Jedi Mind ****ing Level I Course. When I get a chance I will see about the level II. I hear it's a bitch.

I have a better idea. I am instead developing a technique that will allow me to kill someone with my mind. Think of the ammo I will save and the speed of transition! WOW!!!!