PDA

View Full Version : Shirt stays

ZDL
04-03-09, 01:34
Is a shirt stay a shirt stay or is there some ultimate comfortable Italian made Ferrari model? Need a set.

Kimbo
04-03-09, 02:22
The only ones I ever knew or used were those black ones that look like suspenders but shorter.

RD62
04-03-09, 07:28
There was a belt type at one time, but I always used the suspender type.

-RD62

rob_s
04-03-09, 07:42
What, having trouble keeping that uber-cool TYV t-shirt tucked in?

:D

Palmguy
04-03-09, 07:45
I've only ever had the ones like this:

http://www.militaryclothing.com//ImgUpload/P_292402_2245917.JPG

Stopped noticing them after awhile.

EzGoingKev
04-03-09, 07:51
I have only used the ones pictured but I have been told the newer ones with the Y end are supposed to be much better.

There is also one that is like a belt but I never used it.

woodandsteel
04-03-09, 10:42
I know this isn't what you are talking about. But, to keep my uniform shirts tucked in, I use this belt, http://www.flexbelt.net/ .

It does a good job of keeping the uniform shirt tucked for an entire ten hour shift. It costs anywhere from $9.00 to $12.00 per belt, depending on where you can find them.

decodeddiesel
04-03-09, 10:48
I've only ever had the ones like this:

http://www.militaryclothing.com//ImgUpload/P_292402_2245917.JPG

Stopped noticing them after awhile.

Many moons ago when I was a Cadet at Norwich University these were a way of life. :D

I found they always worked well, especially with a heavily starched and pressed shirt. I couldn't imagine wearing them as a civilian.

mattjmcd
04-03-09, 11:03
I used the plain janes back in the day, but I've heard tell of a new-fangled design with a split (like the previously mentioned "Y"?) upper end. I *think* it allows one to clip to the front panels of the shirt to each side of the gig line, AND to the rear panel to pull down the back. I had to use to sets to get the same effect.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-03-09, 12:17
I just get tall versions of the shirts and tuck them deeper.

Palmguy
04-03-09, 12:38
Many moons ago when I was a Cadet at Norwich University these were a way of life. :D

I found they always worked well, especially with a heavily starched and pressed shirt. I couldn't imagine wearing them as a civilian.

Agreed...very effective. Haven't touched them since I left the Navy.

torquemada055
04-03-09, 17:27
Norwich University

Would make you a tread head Army Officer?

Just curious as I do alot of historical reading and Norwich is mentioned a few times as a "trade school" for Armor.

decodeddiesel
04-03-09, 19:42
Would make you a tread head Army Officer?

Just curious as I do alot of historical reading and Norwich is mentioned a few times as a "trade school" for Armor.

I got my ring, but had to drop out due to financial reasons and family illness. I was in the Norwich Tank platoon for 3 years also and was striving to become a Cavalry officer. Instead I became an enlisted grunt. :rolleyes:

Palmguy
04-03-09, 19:55
I got my ring, but had to drop out due to financial reasons and family illness. I was in the Norwich Tank platoon for 3 years also and was striving to become a Cavalry officer. Instead I became an enlisted grunt. :rolleyes:

No kidding? I knew a guy in Navy OCS who had a similar story, got his ring at Norwich and did graduate, didn't get his butter bar though and ended up as a MA in the Navy. Didn't commission in OCS either, was one of a half a dozen in one class that got severe rhabdomyolysis and is still an MA2 now.