PDA

View Full Version : Hard Cases

Akoni
12-28-06, 20:21
At times, I spend many months at sea under some less than ideal circumstances but need to keep gear stored and serviceable. If the contents of the case (including foam) are dry and the atmosphere inside the case is of relatively low humidity when closed/sealed, icorrosion will be minimized/eliminated. Getting to those conditions may not be possible and can then lead to problems. Silica gel packs can also help minimize humidity inside the case. I've actually equipped some cases for very expensive/sensitive gear with shraeder valves so that I can purge the atmosphere inside the case with either inert gas or very low moisture (usually scuba) air.

Beast
06-21-08, 18:40
I’ve looked at all the cases that everyone has recommended, however I need something discreet (the pelican looks like a rifle case). So if anyone has any ideas on a case to handle a M4, pistol and mags.

PPGMD
06-24-08, 16:09
I traveled with my Storm Case recently (3100 fit my SBR, 3 handguns and a can) and no one guessed what the case contained. Some thought it was skating gear, or a snow board. I put a sticker with some BS on it (something about a fragile trade show display). Only the Bag Nazi figured correctly it was a rifle (rifles set off their machine for some reason which is why he asked), and only after I said it was an unloaded firearm (at that airport you bring the bags yourself to the TSA).