PDA

View Full Version : National ID System & Pizza

ToddG
04-03-09, 12:32
SFW: Pizza Order (http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf)

fruitjacket
04-03-09, 14:21
SFW: Pizza Order (http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf)

This is an excerpt of a movie made by the late Aaron Russo called American: Freedom to Facism.

It's a pretty good movie and really explains how many of our civil liberties are being slowly peeled away. You can find it on google videos for free.

Prepare to learn alot of stuff you initially might not agree with though.

JLM
04-03-09, 15:09
FAIL!!

mmike87
04-03-09, 15:40
This is an excerpt of a movie made by the late Aaron Russo called American: Freedom to Facism.

It's a pretty good movie and really explains how many of our civil liberties are being slowly peeled away. You can find it on google videos for free.

Prepare to learn alot of stuff you initially might not agree with though.

Warning - watching that movie puts you on the "likely domestic terrorist" list!

Seriously - I passed this on to some co-workers a couple of months ago when they were ranting about how "connected" they were with their iPhones and how they did everything on their phones. I pointed out that using modern, electronic conveniences is nice, but you have to be aware of what your giving up. Leaving an electronic trail of crumbs for everything you do may seem harmless ("what do I have to hide" syndrome) but I tried to provide example where it could be bad. That ACLU video at least made them think a bit about how much info about themsleves they wanted out there, all "connected."

It's all out there - just waiting for someone to aggregate and cross reference it all.

ToddG
04-03-09, 16:22
It's all out there - just waiting for someone to aggregate and cross reference it all.

I got headhunted late last year for a company wanting to sell the FBI a computer system that would do exactly that. I politely declined even though the salary range was astronomical.

Nathan_Bell
04-04-09, 08:24
I got headhunted late last year for a company wanting to sell the FBI a computer system that would do exactly that. I politely declined even though the salary range was astronomical.

I did not finish college until I was around 30. The ethics of creating such a system was a discussion point in a philosophy class.

Scary was that most of the dingbats did not see a problem with the creation of it. One of the few times I earned a attaboy from the Jerry Garcia clone of a prof when I called the class on the carpet for their foolishness.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-04-09, 12:06
I did not finish college until I was around 30. The ethics of creating such a system was a discussion point in a philosophy class.

Scary was that most of the dingbats did not see a problem with the creation of it. One of the few times I earned a attaboy from the Jerry Garcia clone of a prof when I called the class on the carpet for their foolishness.

At a certian point, ultraconservatives and ultraliberals get closer in some kind of psuedo-Liberterian place, especially at times like now when power is transitioning. The long reach of the government looks more ominous under Obama's control to us, and to them Obama is like one of the pigs in "Animal Farm". Years ago I had an ultra-liberal proff in a business law class who was the only other person in the class who agreed with me that the 2A was an individual right aimed at curbing govt abuses.

I have a customer that is way liberal, hates Bush and loves Chavez, but we agree on more than a few things. He was all Obama, until her realized that as a small business owner, those tax increases were going to hit him right between the eyes. I love those Ah-ha moments.

RogerinTPA
04-04-09, 13:03
That kinda technology is scary indeed. It can be a springboard for nullifying one's Civil Liberties and Right to Privacy issues.

texasrangers
04-04-09, 17:18
The National Security Agency listens to every single phone call you make, every single email you send, and every single fax, post, message etc. Multiple people from the Department of Justice and the NSA have come forward with this shocking information. Even more shockingly, the first person (as far as I know he was the first person) to come forward, former DOJ official Thomas Tamm, was threatened with criminal prosecution for "divulging state secrets" for telling America that all of her subjects were being spied on.

Here is the article with multiple videos:

http://thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/720

We have not lived in a free country for quite some time, and everyone should stop focusing on hating democrats or republicans and start hating the people who are taking away our freedoms - because the people who purport to rule over us are all taking away our freedoms. George Bush and Dick Cheney are certainly the most guilty, and they are the so called "conservatives!"