PDA

View Full Version : Whelp...something followed me home from the fun store today.

decodeddiesel
04-03-09, 21:50
I have been mulling over what MY ideal concealed carry piece would be. I knew I wanted something smaller and earier to conceal, yet at least 9mm and "shootable". A few weeks ago I made a tentative decision based on the koolaide...er...wisdom on this site. I stopped by my local fun store to check one a piece I had on consignment, and low and behold they had it. So here it is...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/autoandMP007.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/autoandMP008.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/autoandMP009.jpg

Oh this koolaide is good! I can't wait to get to the range! Now I just have to find some 9mm FMJ...:mad:...and I thought finding an M&P9c with an ambi safety would be hard.

Jerm
04-04-09, 00:10
Nice!

Mine should be here next week.:D

If i like it nearly as much as my full size i'll be content.

Now i just gotta figure out where to squeeze in($) a new set of night sights and another CTC grip.

...got plenty of FMJ waiting.

ToddG
04-04-09, 00:41
I think that's the first Compact with thumb safety I've seen in the wild. Awesome find! I just hope yours doesn't have the trigger bar problem so many M&P Compacts have been suffering from lately.

Just teasing ...

Beat Trash
04-04-09, 08:37
Oh this koolaide is good! I can't wait to get to the range! Now I just have to find some 9mm FMJ...:mad:...and I thought finding an M&P9c with an ambi safety would be hard.

While at first this may sound like you're kidding, bet you're not.

Father of my son's best friend just got his CCW, and his first pistol, a M&P9c. The gun was tough to find in stock. The ammo, well, currently impossible in our area! I sold him some FMJ at my cost, to break in his new pistol.

Great gun. This is also the first compact with the safety I have seen. Keep us advised how it shoots for you.

decodeddiesel
04-04-09, 09:19
I think that's the first Compact with thumb safety I've seen in the wild. Awesome find! I just hope yours doesn't have the trigger bar problem so many M&P Compacts have been suffering from lately.

Just teasing ...

As my old Platoon Sergeant would say "Thank's Dick." :D

Seriously though I was shocked to see this pistol sitting in the shelf at my fun store. They also had a used M&P9 FS with CT crips, Trijicon Sights, ammo, etc. for $500. By the time I called my financial advisor...er...wife and got the green light someone else had snatched it up. Oh well.

I have been poking around mp-pistols.com for some time now researching and if I do have a problem I am confident S&W will make it right very quickly. This was a big reason for me going with this pistol.

ETA: forgot to mention I got an appendix looper on order for her as well. I may look into that leather holster you are T&E'ing right now too if it looks like a winner.

decodeddiesel
04-04-09, 18:34
The more I drill with this pistol the more and more I am impressed with it. I can see why the M&P is held in such high regard. This thing points like my finger. Damn impressive piece.