PDA

View Full Version : Anyone TiVo History Channels "High Impact: M-16"?

larry0071
04-04-09, 08:06
I missed this last night. I tried to stay awake until 11, but the 4:30 am wake up time all week makes me fall over near passed out by 10:30! Are any of you able to upload this somehow, or do you know of a place that has the show available for streaming? I really wanted to see it!

I did check You-Tube and no one uploaded it there. History channel does not appear to have it on thier streaming video website, and google could not find anything. Now I look to you guys... hopefully someone out there captured it and can get it to me, or knows where it is being streamed from.

Thanks for any help.

Outlander Systems
04-04-09, 08:21
I didn't TiVo it, but it was an AWESOME program, bro. Absolutely awesome.

They did a segment on Sabre Defense, went over the history of the platform, demonstrated a lot of the capabilities, broke down components, had pretty sick CGI operational visuals, and went over the evolution of the system.

At the end there was a segment on the XM8 and the 416.

Business_Casual
04-04-09, 08:24
What was with the LAPD SWAT guy who said AK-47 armor piercing rounds were designed to destroy tanks? That was in the North Hollywood segment. There were many errors in the show; I don't rate it as "awesome" myself.

M_P

John_Wayne777
04-04-09, 08:26
"Awesome" in the sense that it's firearms related program on a mainstream network.

Not so "awesome" in the accuracy of the information or some of the "experts" they had on the show.

AirTrafficControl
04-04-09, 08:37
Great show minus the the Hollywood shootout bullshit. That made it seemingly antigun. Overall it gave a good History of the platform. One thing it failed to mention was the fact that Stoner developed it off his AR10 design.

larry0071
04-04-09, 10:01
Aww.... come on guys.... some one has got to have it so that they can youtube it or something! It may never be on again! Pretty please!

hatt
04-04-09, 12:21
What was with the LAPD SWAT guy who said AK-47 armor piercing rounds were designed to destroy tanks? That was in the North Hollywood segment. There were many errors in the show; I don't rate it as "awesome" myself.

M_P

Lol, I just watched it and that part was really funny.

It seems everything related to "assault rifles" must go through the Hollywood shootout for the sensational effect. I had forgot the perps had an AR in that case. And with a "double drum" mag that "holds 200 rounds."

neodecker
04-04-09, 12:28
Aww.... come on guys.... some one has got to have it so that they can youtube it or something! It may never be on again! Pretty please!
It was on the History Channel so you know it will be on at least 1000 times this weekend.
OK maybe not this weekend.

Spade
04-04-09, 17:46

M_P

I heard that as well. I bet there a whole lot of people wishing that was true.

variablebinary
04-04-09, 18:32
Damn, we must lose a ton of Abrams to AK fire. Who the hell knew!?!

Abraxas
04-04-09, 18:41

M_P

I had a guy at the recent gunshow tell me that the Hornady 75gr TAP (T2 bullet) could pierce an M1:rolleyes::D

Spade
04-04-09, 18:43
I had a guy at the recent gunshow tell me that the Hornady 75gr TAP (T2 bullet) could pierce an M1:rolleyes::D

Of course it can it has depleted uranus in the tip

Aray
04-04-09, 23:43
Of course it can it has depleted uranus in the tip

I need a beerproof keyboard.:D

sandman99and9
04-05-09, 00:51
I need a beerproof keyboard.:D

HA !! I spewed coke on my keyboard when I read that one !!

s.m.

MeanRider
04-05-09, 13:03
TiVo is a great thing.