PDA

View Full Version : happy and scared

cymax
04-04-09, 21:07
well first i would like to say hello to everyone
i am new to the forum.

i just purchased an lmt mrp gas piston ar and it should be delevired by mai 31 2010.
the wait is a little long but from what i have read i am sure that i will not be disappointed. this is y i am happy

now for the scared part
i am afraid that i will not be able to enjoy my lmt because of the possible passing of the assault weapons band. i am really scared.

well this is all i have to say for now

if anyone has some experience with the lmt piston system please feel free to post your impression about it

thanks

E53001
04-04-09, 22:00
dude... use SEARCH.. SMGLee has a write up on LMT Piston & HK416 Piston guns...

Iraqgunz
04-05-09, 13:49
Assault Weapons Band sounds like some new heavy metal group. Don't worry about what may be down the road. Worry about today. If you are concerned make sure that you join at least 1 pro-2A group and be prepared to send emails to the notwits in D.C expressing you thoughts on the Constitution.

well first i would like to say hello to everyone
i am new to the forum.

i just purchased an lmt mrp gas piston ar and it should be delevired by mai 31 2010.
the wait is a little long but from what i have read i am sure that i will not be disappointed. this is y i am happy

now for the scared part
i am afraid that i will not be able to enjoy my lmt because of the possible passing of the assault weapons band. i am really scared.

well this is all i have to say for now

if anyone has some experience with the lmt piston system please feel free to post your impression about it

thanks

Honu
04-05-09, 15:11
if they pass the old AWB again ? only thing is you wont be able to get certain new types and magazines will cost more and might be limited to buy what you want now and enjoy it :) the AWB most likely if it ever passes wont effect you until you want to buy more toys :)

so dont live in fear live in the good side of life and keep positive and as mentioned join some groups etc..

Heavy Metal
04-05-09, 15:31
Takes the time you would spend worrying and do something positive like contacting your reps.

lostwake
04-05-09, 17:39
not going to be a grandfather clause on the assult weapons ban?

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-05-09, 17:43
First your "Shift" key and now they're after your guns...

Women worry, men act. Iraqgunz advice is your best course of action.

Oh, I see, such a long delivery date and something that might pass in the mean time. Assuming this is your first AR(?), the only solution to that is buy a 'placeholder' rifle now ;). At least you'd be able to put the piston upper on something. Not having an AR while you wait for the HK is like giving up dating while you are waiting on your mail order bride.

Who knows what would be in a AWBII.

Heavy Metal
04-05-09, 18:51
not going to be a grandfather clause on the assult weapons ban?

Hard to tell when congress doesn't seem very motivated to take up the issue for some reason......Hmmmm......could letters and calls actually be working?

cymax
04-05-09, 20:51
well to answer the question "is this my first ar" the answer is yes
i decided on lmt because of their reputation. and i took a piston system not to copy the Hk but because i have experience with sig rifles and the piston reliability.

sdcromer
04-05-09, 21:12
Capital letters are your friend. ;)

cymax
04-05-09, 21:35
ok now i get it sorry for my slowness not to say retardation in understanding about the capitals so for all my post's up there i was referring to an AR :D

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-05-09, 21:57
Yes, now on to punctuation!

Welcome aboard. Sorry I called your LMT and HK.

Very few people here are satisfied with one AR. To get the max enjoyment out of them, take a class or join a club (or just find out where they are) with AR based competitions. Customize your AR accordingly.

cymax
04-05-09, 22:30
well for my AR lower i ordered an norgon ambi-catch, a geissele trigger group, ambidextrous safety selector

the upper is from lmt mrp gas piston and i will probobly slap on a tangodown front grip and an eotech 552 or a meprolight M-21