PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound right to you? (faulty BCG?)

RE4
04-04-09, 21:45
Past two times I have gone to the range the field master yells out to unload your weapons. So I take the magazine out and pull on the charging handle to eject the chambered round. The problem is that the bullet seems to get stuck- all the time. I have to resort to using both hands to "break" it free. This happens any time I want to manually eject the chambered round.

But here is the weird part - I tap the forward assist a couple of times and it extracts no problem. Is this the way its suppose to work?

Otherwise when shooting the shells eject no problem (been using the cheap brown bear and PMC)

bullseye
04-05-09, 08:38
i'd suspect a dirty chamber??????

RE4
04-05-09, 08:45
I just cleaned the barrel yesterday so I'll see if that was the reason - otherwise I'm miffed... but I'm glad it wasnt something I was doing wrong.

Left Sig
04-05-09, 09:44
You cleaned the barrel but did you clean the chamber? Chamber cleaning brushes are a whole different thing than bore cleaning brushes.

Heavy Metal
04-05-09, 12:31
Could be a tight chamber or bad ammo.

Who made the rifle?

Molon
04-05-09, 12:43
Could be a tight chamber or bad ammo.

Who made the rifle?

. . is it the Brown Bear ammunition that's giving you the problem.

RE4
04-05-09, 12:56
Its a SW MP15x. This situation occurs with both PMC and Brown Bear. I have not shot other ammo yet.

Iraqgunz
04-05-09, 13:42
What type of extractor set up are you using? You said that you tapped the forward assist and then it extracted. That sounds like you have too much tension on the extractor and it is not closing over the rim.

Its a SW MP15x. This situation occurs with both PMC and Brown Bear. I have not shot other ammo yet.

RE4
04-05-09, 13:50
What type of extractor set up are you using? You said that you tapped the forward assist and then it extracted. That sounds like you have too much tension on the extractor and it is not closing over the rim.

The stock OEM one! Nothing has been changed since being bought.

Iraqgunz
04-05-09, 13:54
My next thought is that your chamber is tight. Unfortunately, that is pure long distance internet speculation. If your chamber was properly cleaned and everything was properly lubed there has to be something else happening. I would also procure some other ammo and try it as well.

The stock OEM one! Nothing has been changed since being bought.

markm
04-06-09, 09:57
Yes.... sounds like a headspace issue/chamber issue. Since you're running factory ammo, the problem is likely the gun. A live round should eject freely.

I've seen this with improperly sized brass. Sounds like you're stuffing an in spec round into a out of spec hole... and it's getting stuck.

NYShooter
04-06-09, 10:09
. . is it the Brown Bear ammunition that's giving you the problem.

I had this exact thing happen to me yesterday w/ brown bear ammo. I couldn't get the round to extract by pulling on the CH though. I had to fire the gun to get the round to extract.

markm
04-06-09, 11:07
The ammo can easily be checked with headspace guage for reloading. Even if you don't reload, it's a handy tool for checking rounds with dents in them.