PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing Saturday

R1pper
04-05-09, 19:51
First off let me apologize for no pics but there are a few reasons why I have none. First I wouldn’t want to post pics of any of these individuals without permission and second I was too busy working as an RO.

Now to the point. Yesterday was the Joint Military Academy Combat Weapons Match at the Hartford Gun Club in Granby CT. The overall event was sponsored by Smith & Wesson with many other companies who donated cash and products for the prizes.

Only three Military Academies took place in the shoot, they were the Naval Academy, United States Coast Guard Academy and the West Point Combat Weapons Team. Navy won the overall competition, with the CWT in second and Coast Guard in third.

I must say that it was a great honor to RO for these men and women. I met some outstanding individuals yesterday. My hat goes off to the West Point CWT, they were with out a doubt the most professional and polite group of individuals I have ever met. I had some time at the awards ceremony to talk with a few of the West Point Cadets and the coaches, and as I already stated some they are truly amazing and dedicated people. This was to me a honor and a great way to spend a Saturday. This is one thing I will not forget soon, and I can not wait till next year’s match to be able to RO for them again.

Even though I was not an event organizer or promoter I would to extend thanks to the following companies for donating time, money and prizes.

Smith &Wesson, who was the main sponsor of the event and donated many firearms as prizes. Trijicon, who donated money and a few ACOGS for the Cadets. Just a few of the companies that donated prizes were, Aimpoint, Troy Industries, Magpul, Sog Knives, Columbia River Knife and Tool, Wilson Tacical, Surefire, Larue Tactical, Z Medica, Falcon Industries, Wilderness Belts, Bright Strike Flashlights, I Shot, and OTIS for donating a cleaning kit to every Cadet. There are many more who contributed but I can not remember them off the top of my head.

-DM-

KellyTTE
04-05-09, 21:28
First off let me apologize for no pics but there are a few reasons why I have none. First I wouldn’t want to post pics of any of these individuals without permission and second I was too busy working as an RO.

Now to the point. Yesterday was the Joint Military Academy Combat Weapons Match at the Hartford Gun Club in Granby CT. The overall event was sponsored by Smith & Wesson with many other companies who donated cash and products for the prizes.

Only three Military Academies took place in the shoot, they were the Naval Academy, United States Coast Guard Academy and the West Point Combat Weapons Team. Navy won the overall competition, with the CWT in second and Coast Guard in third.

:(

USAFA was supposed to be there, but there is a current 'administration' issue sorting itself out.