PDA

View Full Version : Kimber TLE / RL II

mikebenedict
12-29-06, 05:51
I would not be interested in any of the II series Kimbers.
The firing pin safety is a pain in the butt to deal with.

Boomer10
12-29-06, 08:21
mike - Could you explain the "The firing pin safety is a pain in the butt to deal with."??

I have a TLE II, my father owns one as well, and neither of us have had ANY problems with the firing pin safety.

mikebenedict
12-29-06, 16:49
It makes dis-assembly and re-assembly a real pain. Not really much more than a Colt series 80 pistol but then again I dis-like them also. Trying to put the little safety parts back in is a chore

I guess if you do no more the field stripping it will just be a minor-pain in the butt

Paulinski
12-29-06, 20:37
Thanks for the info.

Besides the firing pin safety dissasembly/assembly problems, how accurate is out of the box kimber LTE? How abour reiliability, finish durability ect?

Sam
12-29-06, 21:08
I guess if you do no more the field stripping it will just be a minor-pain in the butt

Acute hemorhoid. :eek:

mikebenedict
12-30-06, 08:34
I think you will find any Kimber to shoot well. The Kimpro? painted finish does not hold up real well but as well as anyone's painted finish.

But for a holster gun who cares!

Paulinski
12-30-06, 08:42
I guess the gun can be refinished at a later date in something more durable.

madryan
12-30-06, 11:32
All the kimber pistols are essentially the same gun with different options. If you really feel you want the features of the TLE series then they're great. If a rail and checkered front strap aren't super important to you then you can save quite a bit of money and just get the standard Custom guns which are otherwise identical.

The Series II stuff comes out really easily so even that's not an issue.

I bought the basic custom stainless a while back rather than the TLE and saved quite a bit of money. I then fitted an EGW oversized firing pin stop and a Wilson bulletproof extractor. IMO this is the only thing most factory guns need.

I then got the mod bug and totally worked the thing over but that's beside the point.

Skateboard tape on the front strap is usually all the traction you want anyway.