PDA

View Full Version : Rem700LTR w/ Omega30 can..

Kimbo
04-05-09, 22:21
I just uploaded this video clip on youtube here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywygrpDzKDc

Enjoy...

Jon G23
04-26-09, 13:53
I just uploaded this video clip on youtube here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywygrpDzKDc

Enjoy...

Cool Clip! Very Quiet!

I love the guys comment near the end. "It's hitting somewhere". REALLY? LOL I bet you're right buddy!

Garrasa
04-26-09, 14:04
wow, at first i wasn't sure you had shot, because i heard you pulling the bolt back, then i turned up my speakers and holy crap that thing is quiet! :eek:

Kimbo
04-26-09, 23:37
Yep, I plan on putting better vids up. Thanks for watching, the rounds were hitting to the left. The subsonic stuff had no recoil and it was super quiet. Then I shot some 168gr Gold Medal Matchking, had a nice recoil kick and a sonic crack.

flanntastic
04-28-09, 16:57
where did you get the subsonic ammo?

Sam
04-28-09, 18:57
The lack of recoil and muzzle blast was surprising. I was expecting a bunch of grass and dirt kicking up at the muzzle. My 700 SPS recoil a lot more than that.

Kimbo
04-28-09, 19:58
Theres two brands of Subsonic that I know of, TTI Armory and Engels Ballistic Research (EBR, Not to be confused with "evil black rifle" ). For some reason TTI is very hard to get and even harder to contact. I bought the EBR from a Gunshow in N. VA from Doug Stockman's company SSG Tactical (good guys) . EBR offers two .308 subsonic ammo, Thumper and Precision Bonded. The Thumper is the cheaper of the two ($38 vs the $200+ box of 20rds). EBR uses SSA casings. The muzzle blast and recoil are very very minimal. I will have to get some better vids to actually show this, I plan on filming next month or so.

ZDL
04-28-09, 20:11
Theres two brands of Subsonic that I know of, TTI Armory and Engels Ballistic Research (EBR, Not to be confused with "evil black rifle" ). For some reason TTI is very hard to get and even harder to contact. I bought the EBR from a Gunshow in N. VA from Doug Stockman's company SSG Tactical (good guys) . EBR offers two .308 subsonic ammo, Thumper and Precision Bonded. The Thumper is the cheaper of the two ($38 vs the $200+ box of 20rds). EBR uses SSA casings. The muzzle blast and recoil are very very minimal. I will have to get some better vids to actually show this, I plan on filming next month or so.

I shoot 168gr sierra matchking. Mind getting a video of that? What are the properties of subsonic ammo? Accuracy issues? Range difference etc? Thanks.

Kimbo
04-28-09, 20:23
I actually did shoot the Federal 168gr Match King ammo that day as well. I didn't get it filmed but lets just say I went right back to the subsonic after 4 rounds of that stuff. There's a kick and more muzzle blast and obviously a sonic crack from the bullet. I didn't have the necessary tools to zero in my scope that day (scope caps had tiny allen screws to get off). Again I will do a side by side comparison to show you guys once I get a chance to shoot again.

ZDL
04-28-09, 20:37
I actually did shoot the Federal 168gr Match King ammo that day as well. I didn't get it filmed but lets just say I went right back to the subsonic after 4 rounds of that stuff. There's a kick and more muzzle blast and obviously a sonic crack from the bullet. I didn't have the necessary tools to zero in my scope that day (scope caps had tiny allen screws to get off). Again I will do a side by side comparison to show you guys once I get a chance to shoot again.

Cool. However much information you could provide would be great.

Ring
04-29-09, 20:38
do they drop like a rock?