PDA

View Full Version : Noveske 10.5 Uppers at Bravo!!

jakjakman
04-06-09, 16:31
Bravo Company has stripped Noveske 10.5 N4 uppers in stock! Get 'em while they're hot. :)

tweakmeister
04-06-09, 16:34
They're just shy of $300 over LMT stripped lowers (retail)...

Seems like a HUGE premium (see below)

Bravo has more LMT's coming soon and LMT is running a lot of shifts - I'd wait.

Dave L.
04-06-09, 16:44
That price is nuts. You still have to add a CH, BCG, BUIS.

I'm glad I got my LMT for sane prices.

bigshooter
04-06-09, 17:09
10.5 N4 basic - $749.00

FA BCG - $130.00

CH - $20.00

troy BUIS - $150.00

= 1049.00

compared to the Noveske webpage six months ago for a complete 10.5 N4 basic for $895.00

$1049.00
- $895.00

$154.00

That price is nuts.

:confused: seems reasonable to me considering we're living in a different world compared to six months ago?.

Bravo has more LMT's coming soon and LMT is running a lot of shifts - I'd wait.

I am on both lists, ordered one straight from LMT about 2 months ago, sounds like another 6 months is what I've heard from others that also have orders pending.

I don't know about you but six months is a long time to be fluttering in the political winds of hope and change.

also on the bravo notify list(which is why I scored a N4 today) for some LMT goodies, problem is that I don't work from a desk so by the time I get to a computer.......suprise, they be gone. :eek: lucky for me the NFA stuff usually takes a bit longer to clear out.

This will be my fourth Noveske so I guess you could say I'm hooked on

little extra chrome in the barrel
:rolleyes:

tweakmeister
04-06-09, 18:49
hahaha, okay you got me on the chrome comment (I was going to edit it but posted from an iPhone!).

I didn't realize Noveske uppers were so expensive before. To me, from a functional standpoint, I appreciate the technical aspects of what goes into their shorty uppers, but I don't (personally) get the dollar benefit. To me, the LMT is a great package for the price.

edit\\\ this link is about as technical as one can get for Noveske info - from the Army dust test, the cold hammer forged barrels did last longer, particularly for full auto use...I'd like to know about gas port erosion (if it's an issue before the barrel is shot out).
http://www.defensereview.com/noveske-rifleworks-n4-light-recce-carbine-john-noveske-interview-part-one/

dcmdon
04-06-09, 19:31
I can certainly understand paying for a noveske 10.5 stainless upper. Match grade accuracy in a short bbl.

I cant really understand paying that kind of crazy money for a Noveske standard upper with a cl bbl. Like others have said, thats a huge premium over the $485 that LMT gets for their 10.5" upper.

Don

Mung
04-06-09, 21:48
Quick question: If I ordered one, would they send it to me without the proof of the tax stamp? Then, what? Let it sit in the safe til I got the approval?

Kimbo
04-07-09, 01:13
My understanding is you can buy any length upper. It's not regulated and does not have serial #'s. Now if you put that upper on a unregistered lower you have just created a Short barrel rifle and is considered illegal. Even if you had the lower and upper seperated and were waiting on the lower to get cleared by the atf for registration it could be considered as "intent to construct".

Dave L.
04-07-09, 05:25
Quick question: If I ordered one, would they send it to me without the proof of the tax stamp? Then, what? Let it sit in the safe til I got the approval?

Yes because it's perfectly legal to own an AR-15 Pistol (Assuming you have a marked lower).

You have to take the proper steps to make sure you do not "have the ability to make a short barreled rifle".

STJ
04-07-09, 08:36
You do not need a "marked' lower for it to be a legal pistol. It is just a nice CYA feature...As long as the lower was never a rifle, it can be a pistol. The marked pistol lower is just to help it not being documented as a rifle as it is sent from the manufacture to you. A stripped lower should of been listed as a 'receiver' when transferred and therefor can be either until the stock is attached. The marking also helps with unknowing local law enforcement issues...but it is not a needed feature to be legal.

If there is any rebuttal to my comments we should start a new thread so this one does not get off target...I can see that happening ;)

Dave L.
04-07-09, 08:42
If there is any rebuttal to my comments we should start a new thread so this one does not get off target...I can see that happening ;)

Nope, I believe you are correct. I just like to be on the safe side.

On Topic:

I believe they are still in stock...so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks the price is a little high (compared to an LMT).

markm
04-07-09, 08:49
Back to the topic...

These STILL show in stock. :eek:

Price is WAY to high for a CQB blaster in my opinion. That said, I'd still consider one if they were 11.5"

I ended up paying $860 for a Sabre barrel/CMT upper/Samson Rail/ and Flup up BUIS 2 weeks ago because I wanted an 11.5". I thought that was an embarassing price to pay.

Iraqgunz
04-07-09, 09:12
Dammit I really need a shorty upper so I can build my SBR. I just can't seem to justify this price when all I really need is a good barrel.

OPPFOR
04-07-09, 09:18
Back to the topic...

These STILL show in stock. :eek:

Price is WAY to high for a CQB blaster in my opinion. That said, I'd still consider one if they were 11.5"

I ended up paying $860 for a Sabre barrel/CMT upper/Samson Rail/ and Flup up BUIS 2 weeks ago because I wanted an 11.5". I thought that was an embarassing price to pay.

Package deal or did you piece this together?

dcmdon
04-07-09, 09:19
Just order one from LMT. Orders today will ship in Feb 2010!!!

The only way buying the Noveske for $750 makes sense is if you need something today. With New LMTs going for 650 on Arfcom and GB, this is not a bad deal.

But if you can wait, $480 for an LMT seems like a steal.

Just for comparison, a similar from M1sales goes for $350.

When you look at Noveske as the top and M1 as the bottom, an LMT looks like a real value.

Don

markm
04-07-09, 09:20
Package deal or did you piece this together?

It was a package deal from Talonarms. They're sold out again, but they periodically get Sabre barrels.

I sold off a bunch of the aftermarket stuff. Dealers are starting to get smart and force you to buy a bunch of shit you don't want so you can get the barrel or upper half. :cool:

dcmdon
04-07-09, 09:23
heh heh heh. I paid $900 for a MRP Rifle upper with an enhanced bolt carrier group last summer. Ahh how times have changed.

Don

p.s. I also sold a colt for $1050. (ouch)

JoshNC
04-07-09, 15:26
I just bought one. Personally I don't think the price is too out of line. Would I like to pay less? Yes, of course. But for me these are worth the price. I have a spare BCM bolt group and a PRI gas buster that will go in this. Now I have to decide LaRue 7.0 or chop/refinish the gasblock and install a DD Mk18 RIS-2. I am thinking DD Mk18.