PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Colt's Accurized Rifle

FJR
01-08-07, 18:12
There are better ways to spend your $1300.

meh92
01-08-07, 23:59
Thanks everyone

nyeti
01-09-07, 00:56
I have an older one with the 20" 1/8 match barrel (thats even parkerized like the rest of the gun) and a Hogue free float. This is a 100% factory gun. It shoots really well, but my shorter Noveske Afghan is a little more accurate, although the Colt has always been a sub-minute gun. The addition of a Magpul PRS stock, Miad grip, Harris Bipod and a GRSC SWAT sling is all I have done to it and I use either a 4x ACOG or US Optics SN4 and it has been a great shooter. I took 2nd place in a very intensive L/E sniper instructor school (and was only beaten by a VERY highly regarded and experienced L/E sniper with a custom bolt gun) with this gun, and beat almost everyone with bolt guns. This was mainly due to alot of hasty shooting from a lot of unconventional shooting positions where the AR excelled.

For the type of shooting you want to do, it may be a good choice, although I dislike the 24" barrel.

The benefit over what everybody else is talking about building................mine has never done anything but go bang.......everytime, right out of the box, dirty, clean, hot, cold, wet, dry, crap ammo, match ammo.......it is a stock Colt, and performs like a typical tier 1 Colt product. At some point I will put a Colt low mass hammer kit in it, but otherwisw, its just fine.

nyeti
01-09-07, 00:58
I have like 11 AR's and have been tempted a few times to sell it to fund other projects, so let me know if you really want to buy one......I may be tempted.