PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a VLTOR CAS-V rail system

ROADKING
04-06-09, 20:08
I am looking to buy one of these rails and was wondering if anybody has one and how they like it and what type of red dot / scope mount your using.

mvician
04-07-09, 01:50
I have one on one of my M4's. I use an Aimpoint in a low mount.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/AR/Vltor010.jpg

Stickman
04-07-09, 02:27
I've been very happy using the ADM mounts on mine.

Shihan
04-07-09, 02:32
Heres an answer with your other thread with the same question.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=29142

ROADKING
04-07-09, 15:42
I am not sure which mount to use. i found an A.R.M.S #17 with the M68 rings but not sure if this will be a 1/3 co-witness. Anybody know. It looks like the same height as the ADM 68L.

gogetal3
04-07-09, 18:43
Road thats the mount I use, and told you about, It's perfect you'll get a lower cowitness noprob and is great. the CASEV-EL is what I use and love my setup. Comfortable and light enough. I've run it through classes and competitions no probs. The arms is a good mount holds solid.

ROADKING
04-07-09, 18:46
Road thats the mount I use, and told you about, It's perfect you'll get a lower cowitness noprob and is great. the CASEV-EL is what I use and love my setup. Comfortable and light enough. I've run it through classes and competitions no probs. The arms is a good mount holds solid.Ok it just looks like your scope ring is different than mine, What is the number on your ring.

ROADKING
04-07-09, 18:47
Can you post more pics of it,????

gogetal3
04-07-09, 21:45
Road check out the S&W M&P thread we've got going I posted some more pics on there, I swear, not only is the CASEV=EL functionally sound but it's flat out sexy!! Turns a bad ass rifle into a star wars blaster

ROADKING
04-07-09, 21:46
Why did you take off your front site.

halo2304
04-07-09, 22:02
I have a CASV-M that I'm waiting to put on my .223 upper as soon as it comes in. Been waiting since December! I love the fact that it has one long rail running along the top of the gun. I only wish that I had the flip up front sight for it but nobody, that I've seen, has it in stock. Plan-B is to get a set of Magpul's MBUS sights. Those things are AWESOME! For a red dot, I'd go with an Eotech. The large "window" offers a wider field of view without the dark tunnel of other red dot aiming devices I've seen. That is, of course, purely my oppinion and preference.

BTW, is it me or do the new Magpul MOE handguards resemble the CASV?

ROADKING
04-07-09, 23:11
why do you want the flip up front site when you can use your stock one.

gogetal3
04-11-09, 21:29
[QUOTE=ROADKING;345362]why do you want the flip up front site when you can use your stock one.[/QUOTE

Duh.......keep the tube obstruction free!!!! Once your sighted in who the hell wants a big post in the way? One of the main reasons I got the VLTOR system is cause its the underdog, nobody has one and it's wicked cool looking. Defines the rifle and brings definition to it. Definately creates envious eyes. And it's smooth easy to handle

ROADKING
04-12-09, 00:30
I do have to admit it does look cool looking and i heard vltor makes some pricise stuff. i love mine.