PDA

View Full Version : reaching the breaking point ?

Honu
04-07-09, 03:22
just saw the news they recovered the little girls body that went missing in California
they released tape of her skipping across the street as the last known footage
then she shows up in a suitcase on the bottom of a pond ?

then these punks who shot the heroes dog !

and the other whack job in Washington that shot his kids then himself

and the cop killer in California and the losers who are worshiping him

and the other nuts that are going on a rampage ?

somehow the little girl put me over the edge tonight emotionally ? maybe its cause I have a little girl who runs and skips across the road like her ? don't know ??

but talking with my father inlaw who is from Canada no less !!!

he and I wonder when people are going to snap and get their own justice
some will call it Vigilante ? some wont

but man I don't know what others think ?
but all this crap going on ? how close do some think society/people are to good old swift justice like in the old days ?

Safetyhit
04-07-09, 11:57
Reading today about a woman who deliberately shot her son in the back of the head while shooting with him at the range. She then killed herself with a shot to the mouth.

I will say that it is getting ugly out there. This is not just increased press coverage, this is borderline epidemic.

variablebinary
04-07-09, 14:39
Lots of kooks out there who operate with little fear of retribution.

As a society we advocate and accept evil deeds due to apathy or some crude notion that personal freedrom is a blank check to engage in clearly wrong acts

This much I will say, its going to get worse, much worse

It's too early to start shooting people, but too late to turn back.

Left Sig
04-07-09, 18:07
Despite these anomalous events, is the overall murder rate going up or down? Is the murder rate with firearms going up or down?

The fact is that these stories get press because they are out of the ordinary, and generally affect middle class suburban or rural citizens. Major cities have hundreds of murders every year, a lot of them firearm related, but they don't get nearly as much press because they are relatively commonplace.

Remember the year a few years ago when there were all of those shark attacks? It was actually a normal year for shark attacks - within statistically normal variation - but the press reported every attack and made it look like there was a big increase.

I'm willing to bet the same thing is going on here.

Safetyhit
04-07-09, 19:15
Despite these anomalous events, is the overall murder rate going up or down? Is the murder rate with firearms going up or down?

The fact is that these stories get press because they are out of the ordinary, and generally affect middle class suburban or rural citizens. Major cities have hundreds of murders every year, a lot of them firearm related, but they don't get nearly as much press because they are relatively commonplace.

Remember the year a few years ago when there were all of those shark attacks? It was actually a normal year for shark attacks - within statistically normal variation - but the press reported every attack and made it look like there was a big increase.

I disagree. There is something to be said for the spike in "out of the ordinary" mass shootings across the country. God knows it's not the guns. It's the people. But why?

I could not possibly tell you what the cause is, aside from the established disrespect for life generated primarily from the left we see more and more of. Still a bit much lately regardless.

Left Sig
04-07-09, 19:29
Well, if there is an actual statistically significant increase in mass shootings lately, it's probably due to the economy. People losing jobs, losing homes, and under lots of stress, often without medical coverage for proper psychiatric treatment...

Safetyhit
04-07-09, 19:33
Well, if there is an actual statistically significant increase in mass shootings lately, it's probably due to the economy. People losing jobs, losing homes, and under lots of stress, often without medical coverage for proper psychiatric treatment...

I suppose so...

kal
04-07-09, 20:31
often without medical coverage for proper psychiatric treatment...

Yeah real smart. Get psychiatric trearment so you can get your ass labeled and possibly legally barred from doing certain things in the future.

.....which then leads to MORE stress, MORE anger, and MORE stories about how some guy shot 11 people.

BackBlast
04-07-09, 20:53

My opinion for what it's worth...

The economy is, I believe, a major stimulus, but not the cause.

The cause is, generally, the deterioration of the family unit along with it's high morals, discipline, support, and love. Broken families will generally create broken people.

Honu
04-08-09, 00:05

funny you mentiond that :)
one of those was about 200 yards down the beach from our old house on Maui where I moved from
the other attack was just before we pulled up to a spot to go out diving and the other divemasters girl friend was in the water on another boat just about 100 yards and was in the water when it happened !!!!!!!

we heard about it as we were pulling in and dropping anchor

I do think their has been a lot more wack things happen though ? and its out of norm

also I thin the downside is some of them like child molesters etc.. are getting off way way way to easy these days and are back out doing it in no time and then get let off or out early again !!!!

hammerheart
04-08-09, 00:20
Reading today about a woman who deliberately shot her son in the back of the head while shooting with him at the range. She then killed herself with a shot to the mouth.

I will say that it is getting ugly out there. This is not just increased press coverage, this is borderline epidemic.

It's scary how many stories just keep popping up.

HAMMERDROP
04-08-09, 00:59
I have complained for years on this board mainly about senseless black on black murder in St Louis its almost genocide. Research it, its insane drive bys drug related murders home invasions robberies all with homicides involved !
Society and civilization as Socrates, Plato, Aristotle envisioned is an aquired ability ...
No one desires evil.
No one errs or does wrong willingly/knowingly.
Virtue - all virtue - is knowledge.
Virtue is sufficient for happiness.

And apparently its going to be generations and anarchy in order for some of our 'foreign' neighbors to evolve to respect life.
Nuts are coming outta the woodwork nationwide and it will get worse but people just react without thinking of the result.
Its not taught in school anymore. I remember get walloped with a yard stick by a Nun for some reason I am sure I deserved and then had to take the note home to my parents which prompted another stern whooping by Dad. Which I did not resent I knew he was trying to teach me respect towards authority and he succeeded.
But with parents who do not teach values and morals manners and respect what can we expect. SHTF ...its coming!

Michael

bkb0000
04-08-09, 01:22
i'm starting to not believe it.

chadbag
04-08-09, 01:27
The decline in personal responsibility. Everyone is a victim of some sort. That is what is taught and preached and on display everywhere.

Bob Reed
04-08-09, 07:27
Why do child rapers & killers operate without fear...

1. They know that "most" Cops don't have the "stones" to kill or even beat the hell outta them right where their found.

2. They know that the Police WILL PROTECT THEM from The GOOD-GUYS that do have the "stones" to kill them on the spot.

3. They know that "IF" they are caught, they'll be placed into "Protective Custody" in order to keep them safe from Men that do have the "stones" to kill them.

4. They know that once their released from Protective Custody, and back on the street, that the Police WILL Continue to Protect Them and make doubley-sure that their child raper/killer rights are NOT violated in anyway, shape form or fashion.

czydj
04-08-09, 08:25

My thoughts exactly. What do you do if there are no facts to support your position? You change the facts! IMHO, they're driving to get more people upset like the OP so they can push their agenda. What is that agenda? More control of your life, your liberties and your pursuit of happiness. Turn off the liberal, left news...