PDA

View Full Version : Got the Upper, Lower, BCG...how do I put this mess together??

BUCK OFAMA
04-07-09, 09:05
Sorry if this post is redundant or asked at least once a week, but I'm finally getting ready to head back stateside and awaiting me is my new AR15...in about a dozen or so pieces. I've never built an AR, never even cleaned an AR, so I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I've already checked the guides at TOS, but they don't seem to address the very simple task of what I've got to do.

I've got:

An LMT upper.

An LMT bolt carrier group.

An LMT charging handle.

A complete lower.

And yeah, I've got all the other bells and whistles, but those parts (Magpul grip, tactical rail, sights, etc.) I figure are completely intuitive. It's just the above four parts that I have no idea how to stick together.

Is it intuitive? Can I just sit down with it and probably figure it out without any help, guide or manual? If not...are there any good online guides?

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but my return stateside is just around the corner and the very first thing I'm going to do upon arriving at home is go to my storage room, tear open all the boxes I've waited months for and put together the AR I've been daydreaming about for ages.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot, folks.

Failure2Stop
04-07-09, 09:45
It is very easy, but even easier if you have the gun in front of you.
I suggest you wait until you are actual possession of the items to make the directions a bit easier to follow and you can more readily request clarification instead of having to root up an old thread and then following it.

Iraqgunz
04-07-09, 09:59
Buck,

Please provide me an email address and I will email you a tech manual that will assist. You can read through before you get home and when you are ready it will help you. Good luck.

CaptainDooley
04-07-09, 10:33
Iraqgunz,

I'd love a copy of said manual if I could... email is captain [at] kevindooley [dot] net

Thanks!

BUCK OFAMA
04-07-09, 11:54
Thanks for the replies, folks...and Iraqguns, I'm gonna send you a PM. I appreciate the help!

Iraqgunz
04-07-09, 12:50
Buck O'Fama,

I need an email that will accept a large file. This one got kicked back. Yahoo should work or something like Comcast, etc...

Fireglock
04-07-09, 18:18
Buck O'Fama,

I need an email that will accept a large file. This one got kicked back. Yahoo should work or something like Comcast, etc...

Gmail is great, I've sent and received very large files with it.

Shihan
04-08-09, 17:32
If you need help PM me and I will send you my number and walk you through everything.

BUCK OFAMA
04-08-09, 23:47
Again, I appreciate all the help and offers, folks. I figure with what I've been shown so far I'll try sitting down with the four pieces and see if I can't put them together in working order. If I hit any bumps I'll be back here posting...

So that probably means you'll be seeing a whining thread here next Monday evening.

;)

Thanks again.

BO