PDA

View Full Version : Colt BCG?

TomMcC
04-07-09, 11:50
A buddie of mine came into a brand new bcg. Bolt is marked MPC, and the carrier has a "c" stamped in the left side below the gas key. My research here tells me it's Colt. Can you confirm this for me? Thanks.

markm
04-07-09, 12:00
Sounds like a Colt. Does the extractor have a "C" engraved on the inside portion of it?

Cold Zero
04-08-09, 19:45
Sounds like a Colt me me also.

exkc135driver
04-08-09, 23:15
Today I checked all of my BCGs to determine which ones were staked properly. Well, most of the Colts were, but I noticed something that is maybe a little funny ... all of the Colt bolt carriers have the "C" stamped on the left side of the carrier. When the carrier is held level (i.e., long axis of the carrier is parallel to the ground), the "C" reads like this: C

So, I know that these are all Colt bolt carriers, right? (I can't tell from the guns that they are in because many of these carriers were ones I bought years ago from various vendors to hoard in the event of TEOTWAWKI.)

But, the "C" on one of the carriers is stamped so that it reads like a C when the carrier is held vertically (i,e., long axis of the carrier perpendicular to the ground). When the carrier is held level, the "C" looks like a fat, funny-shaped "U." This strikes me as a little odd.

So, for you Colt experts out there: did Colt stamp their carriers in more than one way? Is this carrier made by someone else (CMT, the CSA, the Chinese) ... or is it a counterfeit Colt?