PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Gen IV Glock yet?

woodandsteel
04-07-09, 15:31
I have been looking around, but so far I cannot find any 4th Generation Glocks here locally.

I have seen them for sale on Gunbroker. The prices on them :eek: are a little high, IMO.

From photos that I have seen, I do not like the slide serrations. I was wondering how the grip felt. It just has an odd look to it, as well.

Personally, I don't like the finger grooves on the Gen III Glocks. My hand does not line up with them. Looking at the newer design, it looks like the finger grooves are a little more subdued. I'm wondering if that will make for a more comfortable grip.

When I first saw pictures of the new Glock design, I thought it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen. However, I thought the same thing about the HK45. But, once I had a chance to hold the HK45, my opinions on it changed. They changed so much, that I have to avoid the HK counter at the gun shop, lest I buy a gun that I really don't need.

Just looking for some real life experiences and reviews of the new Glock.

Thanks in advance.

wargasm
04-07-09, 15:40
I handled the updated G22, and right off the bat, I'm not a fan of the texture of the grip. They're like tiny little spines. I cannot imagine an extended shooting session without your hands getting abrasions. Just my .02 cents. I'll keep my old school G22.

woodandsteel
04-07-09, 15:57
I handled the updated G22, and right off the bat, I'm not a fan of the texture of the grip. They're like tiny little spines. I cannot imagine an extended shooting session without your hands getting abrasions. Just my .02 cents. I'll keep my old school G22.

I was afraid of that. I wish they would go back to the Gen II style.

citizensoldier16
04-07-09, 16:22
On the contrary, I fingered the Gen IV G22 today and rather liked it. True, it's a departure from the "old school" styling of the earlier generations, but I'll have to shoot it to find out for sure.

Dave L.
04-07-09, 16:32
Anyone know if they will be offering a G17 with the new grip texture?

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-07-09, 16:58
I played with one briefly. I really like the grip texture. The slide serrations look a little goofy, but are functional.

HARDONEM
04-07-09, 16:59
I liked the new texture. Just the texture. The newer serrations however aren't for me. I personally don't feel the need for them. I would however, buy the RTF and swap or trade slides for another caliber :D

PLCedeno
04-07-09, 17:20
I liked the new texture but just cant imagine how it will hold up to being rubbed by hard objects over time.

razors
04-07-09, 18:20
I handled one today...what really got my attention was the needle like grip texture....It would seem to smooth out over time rubbing against hard surfaces IMO. I did like the new slide milling...although it really does nothing "new" other than just look new.

MadcapMagician
04-07-09, 21:24
Not to nitpick, but its just a variant of the 3rd Gens..

goodale
04-07-09, 21:37
my 4th gen 17 should be here in a week, i'll let you know how it stacks up next to my 2nd gen 21 and 3rd gen 33. i dont care what it looks like as long as it works like the others. given the choice in a dire situation ,any glock in any size ,shape or caliber would be the first handgun i'd grab. i like to think of glock as the ak47 of handguns, it always goes bang. i'm a fan

varoadking
04-08-09, 09:13
Duplicate Post

varoadking
04-08-09, 09:15
my 4th gen 17 should be here in a week, i'll let you know how it stacks up next to my 2nd gen 21 and 3rd gen 33. i dont care what it looks like as long as it works like the others. given the choice in a dire situation ,any glock in any size ,shape or caliber would be the first handgun i'd grab. i like to think of glock as the ak47 of handguns, it always goes bang. i'm a fan

Interesting - I was not aware they were producing the RTF2 frame in anything but G22's at this time. I have a Gen 3 G22RTF2, and an ordinary Gen 3 G22. I like them both for different reasons...

TheDutchman
04-08-09, 09:47
I have a RTF and shot an extended amount of ammo though it (800RDS) in a short period of time. My hands was alittle scuffed up thats all. Thiought the RTF's are the 22 model only

BIGUGLY
04-08-09, 10:09
I liked the new grip texture, grip angle could still use a little work. Yes the slide serrations are a little weird.

theJanitor
04-08-09, 11:17
I like the grip texture. the glock never really fit me right, but the new texture helps me keep a good grip on the weapon.

for reference though (for some that are worried about abrasions), all my heavy use 1911's have pretty sharp checkering. if that doesn't bother me, the RTF seems mildly rough

woodandsteel
04-08-09, 12:04
I like the grip texture. the glock never really fit me right, but the new texture helps me keep a good grip on the weapon.

for reference though (for some that are worried about abrasions), all my heavy use 1911's have pretty sharp checkering. if that doesn't bother me, the RTF seems mildly rough

I was wondering if the newer finger grooves would be more user friendly. About everyone I talk to, including those who absolutley love the Glock design, mentioned that the finger grooves gets in their way. I was wondering how well the newer grip would feel in the hand.

I never thought about the checkering you find on a lot of 1911's.

SloaneRanger
04-08-09, 16:51
Anyone know if they will be offering a G17 with the new grip texture?

I just saw one of the gen 3 1/2 RTF G17's yesterday. I was looking for a G19 though so didn't even pick it up. They had a G22 & G17 RTF ...

madisonsfinest
04-08-09, 20:03
Spoke with a Glock Rep yesterday, and the G17 and G22 should already be out. In a few months he said the G19 and G23 will be out. He also said that there are some changes in frame design that is supposed to keep the weapon light malfunctions from happening on the G22's.

Ghostface03
04-08-09, 20:18
I want one. Now!

decodeddiesel
04-10-09, 19:19
Got to see a RTF G22 the other day. It was pretty nice, a lot more grip than the gen 3 G17 they had in case next to it.