PDA

View Full Version : ADS Rifles ... "in bound"

tweakmeister
04-07-09, 22:07
https://policeguns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=294_16_280&products_id=6004&osCsid=lmlvclehmakg1f1esqhevammb6

I've tried to find more info about these, but past forum threads here don't say much. Only recent posts I've seen say the BCG staking isn't great (they possibly come from CMT). Robar finish is a nice touch, and the price is certainly right.

Manufacturer page: http://www.adsrifles.com/index_files/Page453.htm

CaptainDooley
04-07-09, 22:10
I remember a review by Grant from G&R on here somewhere saying they were a pretty decent rifle, especially for the price...

tweakmeister
04-07-09, 22:11
Grant was ordering them without BCG's at the time.

Magsz
04-07-09, 22:11
Great price.

I sent the company some emails about their midlength offering but never heard back.

Anyone got anymore info on these rifles/uppers?

Honu
04-07-09, 23:57
I have not shot one ? but handled quite a few

there has been some talk here but hard to find with the search
Grant had some things to update on them so finding his post will be best :)

the ones I have handled here from the manufacture and the store he owns half of or something like that ? but they seem like a really nice budget rifle
but again I have not fired one or heard to much more about them ?

not sure this will help you out :)

steve-oh
04-08-09, 03:26
I've got one of their lowers, it's excellent. But a lower's hard to mess up...

crossgun
04-08-09, 06:22
Great rifle! Even beter for what I bought them for in the last few years. It was the sleepr in value at one time IMHO. I purchased three from Grant. Two carbine length and one mid. Seeing as Grant was putting in his own bolt carrier groups I can not comment on the staking. The finish on the rifles is outstanding.

My two carbine gas rifles were both used by myself and another student last year in a Dave Harrington class without issue. Both rifles saw about 1500 rounds over the two days.

If you can get your hands on them I would advise BUY!

Blue
04-08-09, 06:55
Grant put one together for me with all the goodies. I use it for my patrol rifle.
Great Gun

monkyboy
04-08-09, 07:47
Like "Blue's" post above. Grant also put one together for me a year ago. Its been a great rifle.

bullseye
04-08-09, 09:02
i also have 2 of the ADS mid-length uppers i acquired from G&R,,, look very nice for the money. i put one on DALY lower that really looks nice as they have a deluxe finish, great match to the finish on the uppers. i haven't scoped either yet, so can't exactly comment on accuracy, appears to be a "lot of bang for the buck".

COJAM
04-08-09, 19:01
Look here the original thread. I purchased a carbine rifle and a 16 inch middy upper.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7235

pinkejon
04-22-09, 15:21
Does anyone know what the current pricing is for their weapons?? I'm buying rifles for my sons and my wife ( you know just in case). I've heard these are pretty cost effective.

Shotdown
04-22-09, 17:56
Does anyone know what the current pricing is for their weapons?? I'm buying rifles for my sons and my wife ( you know just in case). I've heard these are pretty cost effective.
I would like to know the price as well. Anyone know if military discounts are offered? Maybe Grant will chime in.

Mj0lnir
04-26-09, 08:26
Apparently now in stock.