PDA

View Full Version : H&K p2000 .40

seang
04-07-09, 22:15
Just curious what your thoughts on this pistol are for duty use? I have a buddy looking at getting one with LEM trigger. I don't know of many le agencies that use them besides the Border Patrol. What are your thoughts experiences? He is considering the lighter trigger pull, which I believe is variant 1. I have also read where the USP LEM actually has a shorter reset than the P2000. Any thoughts on these also? Anyone know how the pistols have held up for the Border Patrol?

rathos
04-08-09, 15:04
It is a good gun. Holds up well, conceals exellent when off duty. I am just not a fan of the .40 S&W round. Also I am not a huge fan of the regular DA/SA triggers on the H&K. The LEM triggers are a bit better, but still not great. Personally if I were to buy one again I would get it in 9mm. If I had to get the .40 round, I would buy it in an M&P, or, even though I am not a fan the glock.

ralph
04-08-09, 20:17
I have one with the LEM trigger and in 9mm...It's good to go I have't had the time to put alot of rounds through it (I'm working 6 days a week) and only have about 500rnds through it now, still, no problems, no failures to feed, fire, or eject. With what little time I have on the LEM trigger I can see how this could be used for fast follow up shots, I like it, Accuracy has been excellant. I don't think you could go wrong with it.