PDA

View Full Version : Magpul High Vis Lock Plates

EzGoingKev
04-08-09, 00:43
Does anyone know of any place that has the red ones in stock?

If you are not sure what I am talking about -

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Kybyq3n1q3w/Sdw8RY7EnaI/AAAAAAAAA1I/2S-ryriIL70/s288/lockp_i.jpg (http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_96&products_id=222)

All they have in stock is green and I can't seem to find the red ones anywhere.

Thanks.

EzGoingKev
04-09-09, 18:00
No one?

Kimbo
04-09-09, 18:33
What purpose do those serve? I could understand a high vis follower...but those I don't understand.

EzGoingKev
04-09-09, 19:10
They allow you a way to identify specific magazines.

I have a limited supply of Hornady TAP that I keep for defense. I have other magazines that have other rounds in them.

I would like to install the red plates in the mags with the TAP in them so that I can easily differentiate between them and the others.

Kimbo
04-09-09, 19:22
Ah icic gotcha.

BIGUGLY
04-09-09, 21:27
Not to oversimplify but wouldn't a piece of colored tape on the magazine do the same for you. Not saying its not a good idea, I personally like the idea. I know thats what we use at work since we are issued two different loads for the rifles.

Just a thought.

EzGoingKev
04-09-09, 21:30
Not to oversimplify but wouldn't a piece of colored tape on the magazine do the same for you. Not saying its not a good idea, I personally like the idea. I know thats what we use at work since we are issued two different loads for the rifles.

Just a thought.

I thought of that and if wasn't for the fact that the lock plates are cheap and you don't have to worry about them coming off or anything I would use tape or something.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-10-09, 13:32
Bowers Tactical has some red baseplates for GI style mags in stock last time I was there (Tuesday)

www.bowerstactical.com

EzGoingKev
04-10-09, 13:52
Bowers Tactical has some red baseplates for GI style mags in stock last time I was there (Tuesday)

www.bowerstactical.com
Thanks, but I went to the site and looked all over but could not find lock plates.

Do you have a link to where you found them?

Dozer
04-10-09, 14:37
Try giving Mike a call. If he doesn't have something, he can usually get it in.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-10-09, 14:48
Thanks, but I went to the site and looked all over but could not find lock plates.

Do you have a link to where you found them?

They arent on his website, but if you call or email Mike, he'll be able to pull them off the wall and send them your way...

EzGoingKev
04-10-09, 19:28
Thanks guys, Mike took care of me.

All set now.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-11-09, 00:49
Glad to hear :)

EzGoingKev
05-13-10, 19:52
I don't see these on Magpul's site anymore.

Does anyone know if they are still available?