PDA

View Full Version : You cant buy uppers in NY it against the law?????

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-08-09, 19:53
So a fellow Police officer friend of mine works at a gun shop in upstate NY. I can get dealer pricing from him so. I asked him to get me a price on an upper he said sure no problem. I see him the next day at work and he tells me the owner of the store can’t sell me just uppers that it is against the law??????

He said the owner can no longer sell just an upper because that means I am building guns and I don’t have a license to manufacture firearms. Does this sound wrong to anyone else?

I told him that was ridiculous and I will just order it on the internet

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-08-09, 20:19
Thats what I told him but he seams to think he is right and its a NY law.

Cold Zero
04-08-09, 20:50
Is he out of stock on uppers? Maybe he does not have any to sell and is just spouting C@#p?

sjc3081
04-08-09, 22:17
What is the name of the store.

Gramps
04-08-09, 23:35
Those kind of people don't get my business. They do not EARN it with that crap. But I don't live there, so I don't know about a law like that. I haven't seen any web sites say they can't ship an upper to NY.

Iraqgunz
04-09-09, 04:14
Here's what I would do. I would go and ask to speak with him directly. I would then ask him to show you the section of the law that he is referencing. If he starts with some double speak I would tell him that you will take your business elsewhere and you will tell everyone that you know to do the same.

uspopo
04-09-09, 07:13
That is a crock of poopoo! No restrictions on upper purchases out here...

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-09-09, 11:29
The store is in Spencerport NY.

There are a lot of shops in the area so taking my business elsewere isent an issue. I dont need to prove myself right to the guy its his loss as I am the go to guy for guns he just lost a lot of recomdations is all.

CounTeR
04-09-09, 13:22
The store is in Spencerport NY.

There are a lot of shops in the area so taking my business elsewere isent an issue. I dont need to prove myself right to the guy its his loss as I am the go to guy for guns he just lost a lot of recomdations is all.

I'm in Spencerport.

If the shop you're talking about is the one in the village, don't bother with them. I took my business to Jackson Guns and Ammo in Henrietta after the local shop jipped me on some gunsmithing work I had done by them.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-09-09, 16:22
I dont know that shop were is it? I do everything in Avon

CounTeR
04-09-09, 16:30
I dont know that shop were is it? I do everything in Avon

http://jacksongunsandammo.com/contact.html

Give him a call and see when you can come in. He can order just about any AR-15 piece from the likes of DPMS, Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, Stag and Olympic. His FFL transfer fees are pretty good, too.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-09-09, 16:38
You know I just found a guy in Honeoye who must have 100 complete rifles in stock. He has sig and glock pistols out the ass and a 500yrd range to boot. His store isent open regular you have to call or just stop in.

I got the parts I wanted allready direct from LMT

uspopo
04-10-09, 03:24
Glad to hear that you got your upper on order.....

mjpsyr
04-10-09, 08:56
You know I just found a guy in Honeoye who must have 100 complete rifles in stock. He has sig and glock pistols out the ass and a 500yrd range to boot. His store isent open regular you have to call or just stop in.

Do you have any contact info for that guy or even the name of his business? If so I'd be interested in contacting him.

FrankRochester
04-10-09, 10:56

Chris Lesperance is a good guy... www.lonogroup.com

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-10-09, 15:38
Chris Thats the guy in Honeoye great guy talked to him on the phone for a half hour like we were old friends.

Solomon
04-10-09, 16:15
Said dealer sounds like a great candidate for a much-needed Wall of Shame thread on this forum.

Mac5.56
04-10-09, 17:41
I live in Upstate NY and I have taken Uppers off of racks and priced them before. This guy is full of it. You can buy Uppers in NY.