PDA

View Full Version : YHM Flip up FSB

Mr.Goodtimes
04-08-09, 21:17
hey guys, im having spikes install my larue rail for me, as i wasnt able to get my FSB off. in the process of trying to get my FSB off, i managed to trash it. I now have to option of installing another gas block in its place and i was wondering what the consensus was on the YHM flip up front sight base, would this be worth the money or should i just have another standard F marked FSB put on? its a carbine length rail/gas system.

carbinero
04-09-09, 03:26
Really need more info about the purpose of this gun, but off the blocks I'd say put another F-marked FSB on it. If you have a real need for a flip tower, look at the options. PRI, for example. I have a YHM tower: it is satisfactory, and the builder pinned it on top. Flip up position is positive and more "solid" than my Troy rear folding BUIS.

Another option is a low profile GB, and get a longer rail to cover it. Then, just add a Troy folding BUIS up front. If you have extra dough and are going to put an optic on it anyhow, that's what I'd do. But if dollars are tight, and you'll primarily use irons, I'd stick with A2.

Mr.Goodtimes
04-09-09, 07:25
ill stick with the irons, its already got an Eotech on it. its a self defense, shtf, and carbine course gun. The main thing i was concerned about with the flip up tower was that it was a bolt on, and i dont think spikes was going to pin it. I like the look of the A2 anyway, and its solid, so, ill stick with that and just put the eotech in a larue riser mount.

Mikey
04-09-09, 08:14
You might look at the arms 41-b flip up fsb. Solid and compact.

Mike

CPT1911
08-07-09, 23:59
I just got a sabre spr upper and I am fairly sure they use the yhm flip up front sight gas block. Seems like a solid unit...does anyone know if it is the same height as the "f" marked FSB? I'd like to use a Matech rear but I am not sure if it will work with the yhm flip up front sight.

Quib
08-08-09, 09:47
I can attest to the quality of the YHM sight.

I ran one on my SAM-R inspired build. Never put the weapon through any hard paces, just target practice, but it is definitely a quality built sight.

One concern on mine, if your weapon is a carbine course/HD weapon, would be the set screws verses pins. I never had the set screws come loose, but again, this weapon was built for the range only.

Rear BUIS was an ARMS 40L-P. No issues at all with zeroing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/100_4436SmJPG.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/100_4329800.jpg