PDA

View Full Version : VCAS Sling models question

number9xd
04-08-09, 21:22
Looking to get a sling setup for my AR for general use and maybe a couple classes someday (I'm not Mil or LE). Been digging through the search here and think I have decided on the following setup......

BFG VCAS sling
VLTOR QD sling swivel
Noveske QD end plate
BFG UWL (for front mount, but not 100% sure yet)

Trying to find one place that has all these items in stock is a challenge. However, when looking over BFG's website I noticed that they also list a VCAS Double A model (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=112) ($44.95) and from what I can tell, unless I misunderstand, it is the EXACT same sling as the VCAS (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=79) ($59.95) with the exception that the quick adjuster is plastic verses the VCAS adjuster being metal? Is this correct and if so, is it really worth it to pay the extra $15 for the metal adjuster?

TimW
04-08-09, 23:30
the quick adjuster is plastic verses the VCAS adjuster being metal? Is this correct and if so, is it really worth it to pay the extra $15 for the metal adjuster?

Yes, on the AA slings the adjuster is Acetal instead of steel. I spoke with Ashley about this, and he reports that the Acetal version is quieter, as it doesn't clank when it hits your rifle, and he hasn't had one break yet. That doesn't mean they can't break, just that when I heard from him, it hadn't yet.

Personally, I like the metal adjuster better, but I've only played with the Acetal version just a little bit

Stephen_H
04-09-09, 12:28
To the OP; your best bet is probably to e-mail or call one of the M4Carbine Dealer sponsers as many of them seem to be vendors for all the brands you mentioned. You are correct in that the only difference between the two slings is that one has a machined aluminum slide and the other is made of GTX Acetal.

We've had exactly one aluminum adjuster returned with tens of thousands in circulation and it was slammed in the door of an up-armored humvee. We've had no returns of the Acetal Adjuster to date, but it's only been out about a year. Because we use the highest quality American made materials we have had very, very, very few returns on our products.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

number9xd
04-09-09, 15:48
Stephen, thank you very much for your input.

As a (potential) customer, getting it right from "the horse's mouth" is as good as it gets and a great selling point for your products - that industry professionals participate in forums like this with the "common" folks who buy and use their products and not just special interest groups who place large orders of items on gov contracts.

I went ahead and placed an order directly from www.blueforcegear.com this morning for the full-on VCAS sling and add-on extension. I also placed an order from www.riflegear.com for the Noveske QD End Plate and the VLTOR QD Sling Swivel.

I placed these orders before even seeing your reply, but having seen it reinforces my feeling that I made the right choice.