PDA

View Full Version : Safariland Custom Fit Holsters...

ztf HITMAN
04-08-09, 22:58
...Anyone have any personal experience with these holsters? I bought one recently for my M&P 40. Just wonderin...

mark5pt56
04-09-09, 04:52
...Anyone have any personal experience with these holsters? I bought one recently for my M&P 40. Just wonderin...

I have one, used it for my G17 and the M&P when I had it. Still use it for the G17. It stays where it's supposed to and wears great. I've been using the ALS belt holster lately, I actually like it more so. I seem to get my master grip quicker and more consistent. For me, the ALS acts as a "reference" or index point.

sff70
04-09-09, 11:02
I have two of them. One is a paddle, the other is a belt slide.

They reside in the big box of holsters that I rarely or never use, because they are bulky and uncomfortable, compared to other holsters I have.

The only time I use them now is for 3 gun competition, as they'll fit my SVI limited gun.

My RCS and even my BT holsters work much, much, much better for OWB concealed carry than the 560/561.

DM-SC
04-10-09, 21:07
I have had a 561 Paddle for my Commander sized 1911's for about 10 years. It works well for range/competition use. I have carried concealed with it a few times but, I needed a vest/jacket/coat to properly conceal the gun.

I also have a 568 Paddle that my M&P 45 & 9 fits...along with my G17. Same hols true for it.

They are of good quality just not the best choice for concealed carry.

ztf HITMAN
04-10-09, 22:32
Thanks. Mine is the 568 paddle. I wouldn't use it for CCW except for in winter. But it seems to be a good hip holster for the range.