PDA

View Full Version : AR15barrels.com

peterj59
04-09-09, 17:23
can anyone vouch for Randall at AR15barrels.com. Im starting to get conerned now (he is in possession of my Hbar barrel that I paid to have threaded) its been a few weeks and his email address is bogus (check for yourselves) and he doesnt pick up his cell (which by the way i got by contacting the post office where he has a PO box).

Peter:

sonrider657
04-09-09, 17:44
Never heard of 'em but from what you describe, I would be concerned. :confused:

tweakmeister
04-09-09, 17:45
He used to post very knowledgeable posts on here - don't know about recently.

Abraxas
04-09-09, 17:48
He used to post very knowledgeable posts on here - don't know about recently.

I remember that. Not for a while now

cmace22
04-09-09, 18:17
He post's quite a bit at calguns.net. Seems like a good guy although I have no experiance with him.

rubberneck
04-09-09, 18:18
This is a serious ongoing issue with Randall. You could check TOS or do a search here. He is notorious for taking peoples money and then taking months to deliver on a job that he originally quoted as being a two week job. He is also notorious for not returning calls or e-mails. Best of luck to you but given his history you aren't going to be a happy camper.

car-15
04-09-09, 19:34
he has a bad rap on other boards as well, there is a sticky on arf.com about his nonsense.

pryde
04-10-09, 03:39
I've met him and he's a cool guy but basically he has a full time job and can be flaky but you can be assured you will get it eventually.

If I have work done by him its usually in person to avoid the ungodly wait.
I can give you his phone number if you need.

peterj59
04-10-09, 06:07
if you have another number yes, but i already have his cell and i cant even leave a message because the mailbox is always full

C4IGrant
04-10-09, 08:25
Avoid.

C4

markm
04-10-09, 08:33
He's a very knowledgeable guy, and posted very good info here for a while.

But honestly, I wouldn't send a barrel to him at this time.

dookie1481
04-10-09, 11:57
As someone said there is a sticky at TOS detailing outstanding orders. There are a LOT. He posts at calguns.net. Someone said his ISP must have shut down his email.

Jay

hayes
04-10-09, 11:58
To the OP, I'm sorry you're having this issue with him. I was considering having him reprofile a barrel as well. Looks like that's a no-go.

Can anyone recommend someone who can turn a barrel blank and fit an M4 barrel extension in a professional manner?

Cheers,
Hayes

decodeddiesel
04-10-09, 12:12
Just send it to ADCO instead.

ETA: I should qualify this. Obviously the OP is somewhat screwed here, but to all those looking at this thread the advise stands. I cannot speak highly enough of their work and attitude.

RD62
04-10-09, 13:34
+1

-RD62

8200rpm
04-10-09, 16:53
Couple years ago, I sent him a "post ban" barrel to thread and index an A2 flash hider. Turn around time was about 10 calendar days... mailbox to mailbox. I had no issues with his work.

IIRC, he has set days during the week when he ships and receives. I don't think he runs a full time shop where shipments are being sent and received on a daily basis.

Also, he seems to be an active competitive shooter, and he does perform work for many local drop in customers.

You might be a victim of his busy schedule, but he's certainly not a scam artist.

AR15barrels
04-10-09, 17:00
There are about half a dozen jobs sitting here right now, some for a month or more.
Just been really busy with big matches and walk-in work.

Looks like this weekend is rainy weather here so I should be getting a bunch of those old jobs finished before I go out of town again for a few more weeks...

markm
04-10-09, 18:23
Well hells bells! :eek: