PDA

View Full Version : New member from Indy

warchildindy
04-10-09, 10:25
Hello. I joined M4carbine, some time ago, and decided it would be a good time to post.

I live and work in the Indianapolis area. I fired my first black gun for Uncle Sam in 1974. Little long in the tooth, young in the heart.

I have owned and shot a large variety of military rifles, over the years. I have tired and sold most of them. I now maintain a small armory, for logistical and financial reasons.

I currently keep a custom Saiga AK example (7.62x39), a DSA Fn Fal 19" (.243/6mm), and a M4 carbine style with bayonet lug (7.62 x39 DPMS 16" stainless fluted heavy barrel, with a free floated (4) rail handguard upper, on a Stag lower with magpul ctr stock, grips, and large trigger guard). Blah blah blah. I like this setup.

I would like to mod it eventually, to a piston. I am looking at some additional piston uppers, in 6.5grendel, 6.8 SPC, 5.45x39, 6.5MPC, and 7.62x40mm, for the moment. I am definitely a gas piston fan. I have owned DI, and can live with it, if I have too.

I have rediscovered the AR platform. Talk about modular and versatile, these days. Apples and Oranges, from when I first used one. I am glad now, that the M16/AR15 survived.

What I have seen of M4carbine.net, I like and find very informative and entertaining. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Respectfully submitted;
Warchildindy

larry0071
04-10-09, 11:07
Welcome to the site!

You'll find many great resources here in both the "legacy" posts that you will find with the SEARCH funtion, and the ongoing conversations.

Thank you for your service, all here appreciate active and retired millitary experiance on the board.

Sounds like you have some nice firearms there. Enjoy them!