PDA

View Full Version : Rear sling plate or adapter?

Dexter
04-10-09, 16:45
Should I go with a rear sling plate or a fixed stock buttstock adapter for use with a two point sling? The stock is a 12" Hogue ShortShot with a 1" Limbsaver slip on recoil pad.

Dexter
04-13-09, 14:41
Nobody has an answer huh?

esskay
04-13-09, 20:32
I have a DD receiver sling loop on my 870. I tried putting my 2-pt Vickers sling from my AR on it to see how it would work. It felt pretty awkward to me. Transitions to support side were difficult too. Generally, trying to run a 2-pt the way I would on my ARs felt pretty awkward with the sling points so far away from each other on the shotgun. Frankly, I'm still playing around with different options trying to find a sling setup I like for the 870. Put the Vickers on a Benelli with its side mounted buttstock loop and it seemed ok -- that's probably similar to the buttstock adapter you're referring to.

mtk
04-14-09, 23:10
Noveske carbine sling plate.

It puts a QD swivel hole in the end plate and the swivel fits in place with the stock fully closed.

esskay
04-15-09, 02:50
Noveske carbine sling plate.

It puts a QD swivel hole in the end plate and the swivel fits in place with the stock fully closed.

I think he was asking about applications for shotgun?

mtk
04-15-09, 07:09
I think he was asking about applications for shotgun?

Doh! Yes, he was. I knew I should have went to bed earlier last night, as I seemed to have forgotten which forum I was in at the moment. :eek:

Uh, nevermind. :D

Buck
04-19-09, 11:42
IMHO receiver plates on shotguns for 2 point slings suck… The sling continually gets in the cheek well with the stock… Where you want the rear swivel is at 12 o’clock about 2 inches from the butt. You can accomplish this by:

1) Using a web cradle sling adaptor that puts a D ring in the correct position

Or

2) Installing a 1 ¼ inch swivel in the correct 12 o’clock position

On my personal 870 I did # 2, YMMV…

B

Copis
04-19-09, 17:07
IMHO receiver plates on shotguns for 2 point slings suck… The sling continually gets in the cheek well with the stock… Where you want the rear swivel is at 12 o’clock about 2 inches from the butt. You can accomplish this by:

Or

B

I would be grateful for some pics

Dexter
04-21-09, 20:26

Or

B

Thanks, I didn't think of the cheek weld issue with the rear sling plate. Why should I go with the sling adapter that puts the D-ring at the 12 o'clock position over a side mounted sling adapter?

Buck
04-28-09, 10:48
I have found the 12 O'clock position, about 2 inches from the butt, seems to work the best in dealing with both weapon cant and sling binding... It also lends itself to being truly ambidexterous...

B