PDA

View Full Version : reasonable wait time for rail install?

Mr.Goodtimes
04-11-09, 07:27
I know things are busy right now so i was just wonderin how long is reasonable. Im having my larue 7.0 rail installed. i was originally quoted that the job would probably be done in a day, two at the most. well, they had they gun all day wed, thur, and fri. when i called friday night before close, it sounds like the gun hasn't even been touched since it was looked at wed.

I tried installing the rail my self, but i couldnt get both taper pins out, i was able to hammer one out but not the other. Aparently they cant get the other one out either because of me trying to hammer it out. they said theyll have to cut the FSB off, re drill for taper pins and then put a new FSB back on.

I understand having to cut off the FSB. what i dont understand is them having to RE drill for the taper pins, why would they have to re drill?

Its kind of frustrating because, if i would have known that they were gonna cut off the FSB, i would have just done that my self.

So anyway, how long should i wait before i have some reason to get a little frustrated. i have confidence in the people doing the work, it just sort of seemed odd about havin to re drill for the taper pins, ive never herd of having to re drill?

Thanks yall!

C4IGrant
04-11-09, 08:44
I know things are busy right now so i was just wonderin how long is reasonable. Im having my larue 7.0 rail installed. i was originally quoted that the job would probably be done in a day, two at the most. well, they had they gun all day wed, thur, and fri. when i called friday night before close, it sounds like the gun hasn't even been touched since it was looked at wed.

I tried installing the rail my self, but i couldnt get both taper pins out, i was able to hammer one out but not the other. Aparently they cant get the other one out either because of me trying to hammer it out. they said theyll have to cut the FSB off, re drill for taper pins and then put a new FSB back on.

I understand having to cut off the FSB. what i dont understand is them having to RE drill for the taper pins, why would they have to re drill?

Its kind of frustrating because, if i would have known that they were gonna cut off the FSB, i would have just done that my self.

So anyway, how long should i wait before i have some reason to get a little frustrated. i have confidence in the people doing the work, it just sort of seemed odd about havin to re drill for the taper pins, ive never herd of having to re drill?

Thanks yall!

Things are a zoo right now. So your dealer/gunsmith might be over run with work (I know we are). It is so bad, that I have had to basically stop taking any and all outside work just so I can get my web orders out.

C4

Mr.Goodtimes
04-11-09, 08:57
thanks grant for the reply, thats about what i figured. i understand things are pretty crazy right now so, if this takes them a little while, i understand. i got my beretta 92 to get acquainted with in the mean time so ill shoot that.

why would they have to re drill the taper pin holes in the barrel though?

C4IGrant
04-11-09, 11:14
thanks grant for the reply, thats about what i figured. i understand things are pretty crazy right now so, if this takes them a little while, i understand. i got my beretta 92 to get acquainted with in the mean time so ill shoot that.

why would they have to re drill the taper pin holes in the barrel though?

Because they had to put a new FSB on and holes never line up (as all FSB are drilled with each barrel and can vary quite a bit).

C4

Mr.Goodtimes
04-11-09, 11:29
ah alright i see. well thanks grant, i appreciate it!