PDA

View Full Version : New guy in PA

mattk
04-11-09, 23:42
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the world of firearms. Got into pistols last year. Fired my first ar about 6 months ago. Then purchased my first one about a month ago. Now, needless to say, I'm completely addicted.( Yeah, I know I picked the worst time to get into "black rifles") Just wanted to say hi and thank all of you for such an informative, well put together site. It's very refreshing to see a forum with so many well informed, professional, courteous individuals. Without alot of the misinformed "internet commandos" you see on other sites. ;) I was told about this site a week ago, and have already learned so much extremely usefull info. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the education I'm going to recieve in the future on here.

JackOSU
04-12-09, 06:55
WELCOME ABOARD!

RojasTKD
04-12-09, 12:39
Welcome, you've come to the right place.

Boomer10
04-12-09, 12:40
Welcome, what part of PA are you in?

ToeCutter
04-12-09, 15:17
Welcome to the fold.:D

mattk
04-13-09, 16:56
Thanks guys. Yardley right down the road from you boomer. been thinking about joining LRGC. I go Wicens once in a while. Not a big fan though. Now that I've got a rifle, 25 yards at the indoor range just isnt cutting it anymore.

Boomer10
04-13-09, 17:59
Do we already know each other??:D

Since you already know of LRGC (of which I highly recommend), I'm sure you already know that we have competitions on the last sat of the month that are designed around shooting the AR/AKs (and any other carbine)?

Even if you don't want to compete, come on by during a competition since it's open to the public and say hi.

Tim

mattk
04-13-09, 18:50
yeah I gotta check that out. I took an NRA defensive pistol class, and the teacher(Barry Burton I think) said he was the president there and told me about that and the 3 gun matches. I've been a little lazy lately and havent made it down there. I'm definitely going to join soon, just havent had the extra cash. Work's been slow. What time does it start? I'll probably check it out this weekend. :D

nevermind. looked it up. thanks for the invite