PDA

View Full Version : Companion Knife Fun

bgoode
04-12-09, 16:50
Thought this deserved a post.

0-1 Steel, OD micarta, red liner and stainless loveless bolts. Feels GREAT in the hand and cant wait till it gets some use this summer!!!

thanks for looking!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/bgoode/Companion_RED_LINER.jpg

tango-papa
04-12-09, 17:34
Verrrrry nice.
Oh, and you can't just go and post that pic and not tell us how to get one like it!:D
What's the current time-frame / cost for something like that there purdy knife?

~tp

bgoode
04-12-09, 17:52
Thanks for the interest!!! Not really taking orders right now. The wait time is like 2 years for me to get to my last orders. Just wanted to share here since I think this is one of the better defensive/equipment oriented forums out there.

I will be at bladeshow Atlanta but just posted here hoping I can add to the enjoyment of the forum :)

CJKOLCUN
04-13-09, 09:02
Very nice knife!

tango-papa
04-13-09, 10:56
Thanks for the interest!!! Not really taking orders right now. The wait time is like 2 years for me to get to my last orders. Just wanted to share here since I think this is one of the better defensive/equipment oriented forums out there.

I will be at bladeshow Atlanta but just posted here hoping I can add to the enjoyment of the forum :)

Okey-doke. Congrats on your success!
I might just have to get on that 'list' once it opens again.

~tp

bgoode
04-13-09, 11:18
Thanks TP. Wish I could do more. Grant has 2 I made about 4 months back. He can give honest feedback I am sure :)

Aubrey
04-13-09, 11:29
Brian,
Very nice! What is the blade thickness/length? Love the flat grind.

bgoode
04-13-09, 11:35
Its a 4" blade made from 0-1 steel differentially heat treated. 5/32" stock on these. Not too thick or thin for heavy duty use.

wookie
04-14-09, 15:38
thats also a great knife Brain.

thats a great knife to make a set with my OD green Trailsman.

then i would only need that B Goode combat to complete te set

HAHAHAHAHAHA

thanks wookie

RAM Engineer
04-14-09, 19:35
I really like the looks of that knife! Is the grip textured or smooth?

bgoode
04-14-09, 20:01
I have to get you that Combat knife first Wookie :)
I haven't forgot about ya buddy!!!

Its sort of a combination of smooth and rough. The outer area around the exposed tang/red liner area is smooth, and then I take 120 grit paper and hit the sides to create a rough grippyish feel + smooth clean to the eye exterior boarder. I might actually go back to a rougher 80 grit paper on this one since its mine :)

Reason I use sandpaper to create the feel is that the end user can put that same feel back on with a couple of bucks if the grip gets smoothed out with use over time.

wookie
04-26-09, 06:15
Thanks Brian,

looking forward to it.

thanks wookie

Fringe
04-27-09, 12:19
Brian,
That is the knife I am waiting for! I think it will only be one more year this summer for my name to hit your bench!
Looking forward to it. Great knife indeed.
Take care.

bgoode
04-27-09, 12:58
Email me again Frings and let me check on it 4 U

EzGoingKev
04-27-09, 15:25
Nice knife.