PDA

View Full Version : RDP II?

CaptainDooley
04-13-09, 18:10
Okay, I know nothing about MRDs at all and I'm sure now that Aimpoint makes the micros that those are really the ones to have... but I found a posting at TOS about the RDP II and I was wondering if anyone over here has used one and what they thought of it... Was this a back up red dot or used as a primary? Was it run hard and how did it hold up?

Also, I don't see any switches on these things... do the covers turn them off and on? What's battery life look like on them?

Victor
04-13-09, 21:18
Okay, I know nothing about MRDs at all and I'm sure now that Aimpoint makes the micros that those are really the ones to have... but I found a posting at TOS about the RDP II and I was wondering if anyone over here has used one and what they thought of it... Was this a back up red dot or used as a primary? Was it run hard and how did it hold up?

Also, I don't see any switches on these things... do the covers turn them off and on? What's battery life look like on them?

The RDP II is a good value for the money. It is NO replacement for the Aimpoint Micro T1. The T1 is the best for durability and reliability IMHO all in the lightest package out there. The RDP has a battery life of 6 months to a year and the cover is used to keep the dot in a stand by (VERY) dim mode. The RDP is mostly used for a back up role on our Scope Accessory Ring (SAR), but many use it as a primary on their .22 handguns. Hope this helps.

Vic

Grimlock
04-16-09, 12:03
I've used a RDP-II on my 930 SPX and it handles the recoil of 3" magnum loads with no problem( holds zero). I'm running mine currently as a CQ redot on a long range scope. TNVC also as the mount for the scope too (its called a SAR). great little optic for the price.

I also have a T1 and victor is right. There is no contest, there is a reason the aimpoint is more $$