PDA

View Full Version : MS2 Slings are in stock on Magpul's site

Infidel1975
04-13-09, 18:53
Ordered mine about an hour ago.Get'em while the gettings good.

Gentoo
04-13-09, 19:10
In. Thanks for the heads up.

Kimbo
04-13-09, 19:15
Thanks for the heads up!

DocHolliday01
04-13-09, 19:24
Still in stock as of 7:15 central time. Just ordered my 2.

Impact
04-13-09, 19:34
thanks. just ordered a sand camo one :) beat the $250 ebay price..:rolleyes:

mvician
04-13-09, 20:19
another sand camo ordered. :cool:

Kimbo
04-13-09, 20:47
Crap I didn't see the sand camo...:(

Boomer10
04-13-09, 20:55
This is one of the reasons I like this site, people sharing valuable info like this.:D

I just ordered 2 sand camo slings and an additional sling plate. I'll probably end up selling my original black MS2 sling (which I bought after someone else here posted they were first available).

Thanks Infidel.

SWATcop556
04-13-09, 21:00
Got mine ordered and received an email confirmation. Got the ASAP sling plate with it.

Kimbo
04-13-09, 21:02
I'm not a big fan of the ASAP plate. It was a pain to install and it rattles when not hooked up. I'm working with a Noveske QD plate now :D

SiGfever
04-13-09, 21:41
Do you guys think that these are nicer than the GS-2P from Gear? I have it narrowed down to these two and both have great features.
Thanks.

Kimbo
04-13-09, 21:50
I has a gear sector sling and I prefer the magpul one. Dunno why but quality feels better imo.

SiGfever
04-13-09, 21:54
I has a gear sector sling and I prefer the magpul one. Dunno why but quality feels better imo.

Thanks for the quick reply, I just ordered mine in black. I have been wanting one of these ever since I saw the Shotshow vid.

FiveStar
04-13-09, 22:20
How do we know if they actually have them? When I ordered mine today, they basically said no guarantee's :-/
Anyone have any experience they could lend me in regards to this.
Thanks!

Kimbo
04-14-09, 02:19
Blind leap of faith my friend. They are usually good about this sort of thing, if they don't have it they won't let you buy it on the site. That's what my personal experience has been with Magpul.

sandman99and9
04-14-09, 11:23
Big brown dropped off my ms2 yesterday !! I ordered the asap and the sling a couple of weeks ago. I got the asap and a couple of magpul window stickers but the sling was on backorder.

s.m.

Palmguy
04-14-09, 12:32
Big brown dropped off my ms2 yesterday !! I ordered the asap and the sling a couple of weeks ago. I got the asap and a couple of magpul window stickers but the sling was on backorder.

s.m.

Hope that means mine is on the way today...I ordered 2 months ago.

truth
04-14-09, 12:35
How does it perform as 2 point sling? Seems really 1 point biased. Interesting though that it seems to steal the Vickers adjustment system.

rob_s
04-14-09, 12:52
How does it perform as 2 point sling? Seems really 1 point biased. Interesting though that it seems to steal the Vickers adjustment system.

Let's not start with "stealing". There's no such thing as an original thought, especially not in slings.

If you're planning to primarily run the sling as a two-point, I'd stick to the Vickers and Viking. The Magpul, IMHO, is a "securable one-point" more than a two-point sling. Leastways that's how I intend to run mine, and how Travis, Chris, and Patrick all seem to demo it.

I went ahead and ordered up the a sling and plate for my SBR. I have some ideas about how I want to go about securing the front connection point so we'll see how that works out.

LawDog
04-14-09, 13:01
I'm not a big fan of the ASAP plate. It was a pain to install and it rattles when not hooked up. I'm working with a Noveske QD plate now :D

How are you attaching it to the QD plate? Any pics? Are you using just a basic QD connector?

truth
04-14-09, 13:02
heh...maybe stealing was over the top, but clearly there are similarities. It's an interesting product for sure.

C45P312
04-14-09, 13:16
Just ordered a set. Doubt it's still in stock, but oh well. I'll have it surprise me lol

Al U. 5811
04-14-09, 13:39
Ordered 3 in sand.

bates
04-14-09, 13:49
I went ahead and ordered one last night

Thanks for the heads up

esskay
04-14-09, 14:18
How are you attaching it to the QD plate? Any pics? Are you using just a basic QD connector?

Not sure if he is doing something different, but if you just put an empty QD connector on there you can just clip into it. I find that the ASAP gives a greater and nicer range of motion for transitions (as it is designed) but some may think it rattles. I tried both end plates with the MS2 and preferred the ASAP.

Derek_Connor
04-14-09, 14:38
Let's not start with "stealing". There's no such thing as an original thought, especially not in slings.

If you're planning to primarily run the sling as a two-point, I'd stick to the Vickers and Viking. The Magpul, IMHO, is a "securable one-point" more than a two-point sling. Leastways that's how I intend to run mine, and how Travis, Chris, and Patrick all seem to demo it.

I went ahead and ordered up the a sling and plate for my SBR. I have some ideas about how I want to go about securing the front connection point so we'll see how that works out.

Agreed.

I've only used my MS2 in 2point for when Im lazy.

rob_s
04-14-09, 14:50
"Lazy" is exactly why I'd want one like this. I spend a lot of time slung up doing admin shit at matches and drills and I get real tired of wacking myself in the nuts with the SBR, or just generally having it flopping around, when I'm trying to do other things. I like, I think, the ability to better secure the carbine when not actively shooting.

SWATcop556
04-14-09, 14:58
Agreed.

I've only used my MS2 in 2point for when Im lazy.

I saw on the pic of your SBR that you are using the CQD rail mounted sling attachment for your MS2. Did you have to modify it in any way to work with the sling? I've heard some people have had to take a dremel to it for the sling to fit properly.

sandman99and9
04-14-09, 15:31
Just got back from spikes tactical so they could install the asap for me. I don't have the tools/ facilities in my apartment. So far it feel good. Love those guys at spikes, they are good people there. I had my 12 yr old son with me and had to buy him a t-shirt he saw on the wall. Now I have to take him to the range with me this weekend :D:D

s.m.

SiGfever
04-14-09, 16:02
Just got back from spikes tactical so they could install the asap for me. I don't have the tools/ facilities in my apartment. So far it feel good. Love those guys at spikes, they are good people there. I had my 12 yr old son with me and had to buy him a t-shirt he saw on the wall. Now I have to take him to the range with me this weekend :D:D

s.m.

Life just doesn't get any better than that.

Palmguy
04-14-09, 16:39
MS2 sand camo vs. regular Magpul FDE for anyone who cares...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/bridoyal/100_2104.jpg

dsg2003gt
04-14-09, 17:26
ordered 2, cant wait.

Gentoo
04-14-09, 19:45
Thanks for the sand camo pic!

Mega
04-14-09, 20:18
If you're planning to primarily run the sling as a two-point, I'd stick to the Vickers and Viking.

Good info. That answered my question...
I prefer a 2-point, so I'll stick with my Viking.
Thanks!

Dunderway
04-14-09, 20:23
Am I the only one that pictured an actual camo pattern? Still cool anyway.

C45P312
04-14-09, 20:52
Am I the only one that pictured an actual camo pattern? Still cool anyway.

Nope, I thought it was the Marines Summer Camo pattern lol

chrismartin
04-14-09, 20:56
Order an extra one, you never know when they will come in handy:

http://web.me.com/chrismartin/Gun_Stuff/Random_files/Media/IMG_3591/web.jpg
The wife using the Tactical Lawn Equipment Retention System from Magpul

Palmguy
04-14-09, 20:58
That's awesome.

FiveStar
04-14-09, 22:12
classic

johnson
04-15-09, 00:49
Are these slings too long for a person that's 5'4?

Kimbo
04-15-09, 02:16
As a 5'6 shooter, the ms2 is good enough for me. You can adjust it to fit you.

esskay
04-15-09, 02:52
Are these slings too long for a person that's 5'4?

You will have a lot of slack left over, which you can either wrap/tape up or cut off if you want.

esskay
04-15-09, 02:54
I saw on the pic of your SBR that you are using the CQD rail mounted sling attachment for your MS2. Did you have to modify it in any way to work with the sling? I've heard some people have had to take a dremel to it for the sling to fit properly.

Anyone have more feedback on this? I got a CQD rail attachment and as is it doesn't work very well with the MS2 clip.

Kimbo
04-15-09, 03:18
I too have the CQD mount. I think heating up the metal and expanding it would be the only way to make it work for the ms2 clip.

brianc142
04-15-09, 07:53
What other option is there other than the CQD for this application?

SWATcop556
04-15-09, 16:05
I've been told that the CQD has to be opened up with a dremel but I was not told where to dremel. The CQD appears that it would be great for this sling but I've heard the are problems with the setup. I was also thinking that a VTAC LUSA might be a good option as well.

mvician
04-15-09, 17:48
I used the CQD mount for the front, since it is a primarily single point sling I have not yet modded the CQD mount to allow more "swivel" for the front clip of the MS2 sling.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/LMT/CQD_MS2006.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/LMT/CQD_MS2005.jpg

here is a shot of the CQD mount from the rear.....easy to see where you could "dremel" the opening up.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/LMT/CQD_MS2008.jpg

you could also attach the front clip like this

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/LMT/CQD_MS2003.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/LMT/LMTMagpul015.jpg

Gentoo
04-15-09, 17:52
nice photos.

what is magpul expecting people to clip the front part of the sling to? they have the asap plate for the rear, but it seems the front is kinda just a gerry-rig....

mvician
04-15-09, 18:00
Remember it is a single point sling, that can be used in a pinch as a 2 point.

The M4 barrel mount will work, a QD swivel will work, ect.

dsg2003gt
04-18-09, 23:27
still waiting on mine...

FiveStar
04-19-09, 00:04
also...

Biggy
04-19-09, 00:14
I am not crazy about the heavy, bulky,clanky hardware on these slings .

Infidel1975
04-19-09, 05:24
Got my sling on Friday{only a few days after I ordered it and started this thread} and could'nt be happier with it.I installed my ASAP and staked.I am using the original sling attachment point on a 6920 to clip it into 2 point mode and it works great.Thanks Magpul and I hope the rest of you guys get yours soon.

SiGfever
04-19-09, 08:39
I ordered mine on 4-13-9 and am still waiting on it and a MOE grip that I ordered on the 9th.

FiveStar
04-19-09, 10:17
Got my sling on Friday{only a few days after I ordered it and started this thread} and could'nt be happier with it.I installed my ASAP and staked.I am using the original sling attachment point on a 6920 to clip it into 2 point mode and it works great.Thanks Magpul and I hope the rest of you guys get yours soon.

Was it the Sand Camo that you got?

Agile53
04-19-09, 13:56
Also ordered the sand MS2 late 13 April, the wait begins.

Infidel1975
04-19-09, 14:00
No,I bought a black one.I had spoke with Justin and he said the sand camo was a tanish color with a greenish tint to it so I just went with the{ good ole goes with everything} black.

FiveStar
04-19-09, 14:03
Gotcha

mvician
04-20-09, 02:31
Pic from Travis on TOS

Sand camo on the bottom, FDE on top
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/MS2color.jpg

Infidel1975
04-20-09, 04:23
I can not see the greenish tint in the above photo.Looks like a lighter shade of tan to me?I am somewhat colorblind though so what do I know?!?!LOL Still happy I got regular old black though.

mtdawg169
04-20-09, 12:51
my acct was charged on Fri. Hopefully I will have a delivery very soon!;)

pinkejon
04-21-09, 11:38
I used the CQD mount for the front, since it is a primarily single point sling I have not yet modded the CQD mount to allow more "swivel" for the front clip of the MS2 sling.

Instead of using a dremmel, how about mounting another ring on the CQD like the ASAP has. Then you could just clip the MS2 on it and it would give you a better range of movement or swivel. It shouldn't be that difficult. All you have to do is find a similar gage ring and once its mounted simply use pliers to squeeze it shut or for a more permenant mount tac weld it. Just a thought that way you don't have to modify your CQD and you can remove the ring whenever you want.

rob_s
04-21-09, 11:43
You want the spot where the aligator attaches to be rigid, in at the very least two dimensions, preferably all three.

When I took a class with Travis last year, before the SDI/Magpul merger, he showed me a prototype of this sling system and the front attachment was one of his hurdles even back then.

I plan to use a side-sling adapter at the FSB with mine, and have an idea about how to possibly make it rigid. If nothing else it at least is rigid in two dimensions.

pinkejon
04-21-09, 12:15
I ordered the ASAP and the MS2 on Saturday from Magpul. It appears they are out of stock. Seems to be my luck. I ordered my MBUS from Streichers and found it was backordered and I ordered my QD swivel from Troy industries and found it was back ordered. I am almost finished with my rifle. Hopefuly these items come in soon. Typical day late and a dollar short. LOL

FiveStar
04-21-09, 12:40
I ordered the ASAP and the MS2 on Saturday from Magpul. It appears they are out of stock. Seems to be my luck. I ordered my MBUS from Streichers and found it was backordered and I ordered my QD swivel from Troy industries and found it was back ordered. I am almost finished with my rifle. Hopefuly these items come in soon. Typical day late and a dollar short. LOL

I feel ya bro. It sucks doesn't it.
Anyway, I placed my order on the 13th and my card was charged on the 17th. Does that mean the good times are about to role?

GlockWRX
04-21-09, 12:52
I ordered a sand camo MS2, ASAP plate, and pack of Glock speed plates on the 14th. No charge on my credit card, and no word from Magpul. I'm assuming I missed it.

FiveStar
04-21-09, 12:57
I ordered a sand camo MS2, ASAP plate, and pack of Glock speed plates on the 14th. No charge on my credit card, and no word from Magpul. I'm assuming I missed it.

Well maybe the charge just did not show up yet or something in your order was not in stock.

Does anyone know how the handle that? (Some things in stock but some not in stock...) Do they ship partial orders?

GlockWRX
04-21-09, 13:08
Well maybe the charge just did not show up yet or something in your order was not in stock.

Does anyone know how the handle that? (Some things in stock but some not in stock...) Do they ship partial orders?

That could be. My hope is that they are out of the Glock Speed Plates because I got those on a lark, just to try them out. While they wait for those to come in, they might have picked an MS2 and ASAP for me and set them aside.

I've got an email into Magpul and am waiting to hear back. If they are out of the Speed Plates, I will probably just cancel that part of the order and so they can ship the sling stuff.

Or they were flooded with orders and by the time they went to process mine they were out of the sand camo units. In which case I'll probably just switch to the black.

rob_s
04-21-09, 13:28
No idea what it means, but ordered on 4/14, got the confirmaton email the same day, no charge to the card so far.

I figure it'll show up when it shows up. Maybe today, maybe a year from now.

Mung
04-21-09, 13:34
Ordered 2 the 13th, before they showed in stock, got mine the 20th.

GlockWRX
04-21-09, 13:49
Sounds like everyone who ordered on the 13th got theirs, and us slowpokes that ordered on the 14th missed the boat. They don't even show the sand camo version on the website anymore.

Typical Magpul. Those injection molding machines don't make AR parts, they make crack.

It hasn't been 24 hrs yet since I emailed them about my order. If I don't hear back in another day or two I'll contact them again and see what's up.

Agile53
04-21-09, 14:41
Ordered sand camo MS2 nite of 13 April, received here in The Republic of TX on the 21st.
Now to decide if I like it better than my CSM Gear single points. May be an MS2 on the Marketplace here next week.
Agile54

beaker1013
04-21-09, 15:22
I ordered mine on the 14th as well and my order still shows processing. I know the sand camo was a limited run, maybe they're waiting for the Tan/Coyote to catch up to substitute and fill the remaining orders?

I know they are really busy so I guess everyone who ordered after the 13th will just need to be patient and see what happens.

bates
04-21-09, 16:30
I have a question....i believe the answer is no

but will the lock jaw fit in the vtac sling tab

http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_lusa.html

Derek_Connor
04-21-09, 18:40
I have a question....i believe the answer is no

but will the lock jaw fit in the vtac sling tab

http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_lusa.html

i verified myself that the lock jaw WILL NOT fit in the vtac LUSA

mtdawg169
04-21-09, 19:22
I ordered mine on the 14th as well and my order still shows processing. I know the sand camo was a limited run, maybe they're waiting for the Tan/Coyote to catch up to substitute and fill the remaining orders?

I know they are really busy so I guess everyone who ordered after the 13th will just need to be patient and see what happens.

not everyone.:(

codyzx7
04-21-09, 21:09
I too ordered on the 14th and still have not had my CC charged. I'll update if anything changes.

codyzx7
04-21-09, 21:12

Yes, they do ship partial orders. In Jan. I rdered 3 items. One item was not in stock, but they went ahead and shipped out my other 2 items. A week later they shipped my 3rd item to me. BTW, my order from Jan still shows "Processing", I guess they never update that.

dsg2003gt
04-21-09, 23:14
I recieved my two today. This thing is badass. Pics will follow tomorrow.

el guapo
04-21-09, 23:22
Ordered on the 13th. No sling or charge yet.

Fireglock
04-22-09, 00:52
This is indeed interesting, I ordered an ASAP and MS2 in sand on the 14th and my card was charged the 17th. No boxes at the door yet, but there's always tomorrow.

Iraq Ninja
04-22-09, 10:11
ASAP, MS2 and lots of other Magpul kit in the sandbox. Sling is working VERY well with armor. The Magpul handguards rock as well, but I wish I had the tan version... :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/magpulstuff.jpg

FiveStar
04-22-09, 10:17
ASAP, MS2 and lots of other Magpul kit in the sandbox. Sling is working VERY well with armor. The Magpul handguards rock as well, but I wish I had the tan version... :)

Rock on! Nice! I have a set of FDE MOE handguards I don't mind sending you as a Thank You for being over there. PM where they should go. One condition though... we get to see another of pic!

rob_s
04-22-09, 10:52

You're a satan-hander, right? Do you have a front attachment point?

Iraq Ninja
04-22-09, 11:09
Jave,

Thanks for the offer. I will be going home on leave in 4 weeks. If they are not available for sale, I would gladly pay for yours.

I get the strangest looks from people when they see my M4. One guy thought it was a mini FN FAL.

Rob,

Left handed! No front attachment point yet. I was thinking of putting the issued front sling swivel back on, but haven't checked if it would work yet. The sling works well around seat belts, which can be a pain at times with standard one point slings.

BTW, on the front of my mag pouches is the Blue Force Gear 10 Speed pouch. It has become my Admin pouch of choice now. In the center slot, I carry a med dressing. The right side has a flashlight, I forgot the name, but it is flat and the head bends. I think it is named after a snake. The other side has my multi tool.

brianc142
04-22-09, 11:16
I'm still waiting on mine to make it to the sandbox.

rob_s
04-22-09, 11:19
Interesting application of the 10-speed!

I'm going to be putting a side-sling on the gun that I'm putting the MS2 on. As I understand it you have to put it on backwards in order for it to work with the MOE. I haven't been able to find a MOE just yet, but it's on the plan sheet.

Curry
04-22-09, 12:26
FYI. I ordered late night on the 13th, and my sand camo sling arrived on my door step today. Good luck to all of you waiting.

SiGfever
04-22-09, 20:04
Ordered my "Black" on the 13th and today my CC was charged. Daddy's new toy is on the way. :D

FiveStar
04-22-09, 20:15
Jave,
Thanks for the offer. I will be going home on leave in 4 weeks. If they are not available for sale, I would gladly pay for yours.
I get the strangest looks from people when they see my M4. One guy thought it was a mini FN FAL.

Nice! Just let me know!

Also guys my CC was charged, I ordered on the 13th, but when I log into Magpul my order reads "processing"... should it not read shipped? Did anyone get a tracking number?

codyzx7
04-22-09, 20:22
Nice! Just let me know!

Also guys my CC was charged, I ordered on the 13th, but when I log into Magpul my order reads "processing"... should it not read shipped? Did anyone get a tracking number?

I bought some items from Magpul in Jan. My order still says "processing" to this date.

FiveStar
04-22-09, 20:24
I bought some items from Magpul in Jan. My order still says "processing" to this date.

SO this is bad then?

Phazuka
04-22-09, 20:42
I ordered back on 4/16....I also included a MOE furniture set in Flat Dark Earth.

What color is Flat Dark Earth exactly, is that TAN? I emailed them back a few days ago to change my order color on the furniture to Black. Still no charges thus far.

codyzx7
04-22-09, 20:51
SO this is bad then?

No, I'm just saying that the order status never changed. It said "processing" from the time I got my confirmation email, and still does 3 months later.:confused:

SiGfever
04-22-09, 21:21
SO this is bad then?

No, my MOE grip still says "processing" and I received it days ago.

FiveStar
04-22-09, 21:29
No, my MOE grip still says "processing" and I received it days ago.

Man not knowing really sucks. Thanks for the info guys. I'll post up if it gets here soon. I hope I did not miss it.

Fireglock
04-23-09, 11:06
Ordered the 14th, billed the 17th and delivered today at 10:00AM.

GlockWRX
04-23-09, 13:35
Ordered the 14th, no bill on the CC, and no response from Magpul to my email three days ago. They are either totally swamped, or watching advanced copies of AOTTC 2.

bates
04-23-09, 13:37
i ordered my sling and plate the night they went on the website, i was charged monday and rec'd them today

i really like the sand camo

pinkejon
04-23-09, 13:58
They are totally swamped. If you want to find out info you have to call them. I e-mailed them about 3 weeks ago about when the MBUS was comming out. I finally got a response this week. I ended up calling 2 weeks ago and got through.

thopkins22
04-23-09, 14:03
Iraq Ninja, where were you able to find tan(or any color at all really) muzzle caps?

FiveStar
04-23-09, 14:05
Just confirmed mine are on the way!

yellowthunder
04-23-09, 15:56
I ordered mine about week ago, and the Fedex truck dropped it off today! It fits me well even with my short stature (5' 6") and It's great with the ASAP Plate. I have the CQD forward mount and thinking about grinding it down alittle.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u135/yellowthunders/IMG_1347.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u135/yellowthunders/IMG_1367.jpghttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u135/yellowthunders/IMG_1368.jpg

I know I'm just a Mall Ninja, but I like to have fun and looking to take some carbine classes in the near future!

FiveStar
04-23-09, 16:25
^^Nice

Mine just arrived as well. I am very pleased. Thanks again for the heads up guys. I like it MUCH better than my Vickers, there's no comparison.

Infidel1975
04-23-09, 16:42
Nice pics YellowThunder:cool:

beaker1013
04-23-09, 16:54
Nice pics, but still no joy for me:( I'm sure the gods will wait to let it deliver tomorrow, since my wife has the day off, so I can explain to her why I bought more stuff for the AR.:D

Palmguy
04-23-09, 16:59
I ordered back on 4/16....I also included a MOE furniture set in Flat Dark Earth.

What color is Flat Dark Earth exactly, is that TAN? I emailed them back a few days ago to change my order color on the furniture to Black. Still no charges thus far.

Yes, FDE is basically tan. The magazines and stock in the pictures a few posts above this one are Magpul FDE.

Razorhunter
04-23-09, 17:03
Guys,
In regards to the CTR stock pic above, and the ones back a page or two from Chris Costa over on TOS, can anyone tell me if the latest CTR stocks are any different from the older CTR's?
I clearly see there are a couple new rubber CTR buttpads right? I see Chris Costas is not solid, but has holes in it, and the one above is solid.
Did they change the CTR stock a little, or are they just offering new buttpads????
Thanks for any help.

rob_s
04-23-09, 17:14
There are two buttpads now, or their will be eventually, depending on how you look at it.

SiGfever
04-23-09, 17:25
My MS2 was waiting when I got home along with my GA ammo and my Noveske QD End Plate. Damn, Christmas in April. :D

codyzx7
04-23-09, 21:42
My CC was charged today, hopefully my package will arrive tomorrow!:D

bundoc
04-23-09, 21:58
I order on April 13 and I received it today. Still not sure how I should connect it since I do not have an upgraded end plate. Thinking about ordering the ASAP now or the Noveske one.

yellowthunder
04-23-09, 23:54
Aw Geez, I'm proof that people should read instructions before using ha ha ha. I'm wearing my sling backwards :D

SWATcop556
04-24-09, 00:04
Got a call today from the significant other that my Magpul order came in today!!!

I ordered on the night of the 13th if that helps anyone out.

Fire
04-24-09, 17:09
4/15 - placed order for: Black MS2, ASAP, and Trigger Guard
4/22 - pending transaction showing for all 3 items total
4/24 - received only Trigger Guard; MS2 and ASAP were listed 'Backordered' on the receipt (transactions still pending not posted as of yet)

1st off, I'd like say Thank you very much to Magpul, I love your stuff! :D

but what happens with backorder items? Do we get notified when they are back in stock? or do they just automatically charge and ship? Any info greatly appreciated.

Patiently looking foward to it,
~ Fire

EDIT = I received everything including all backordered items within a week, also ordered a Sand Camo MS2 on 4/18 and pending transaction showed 4/23. Arrived 4/29 LOVE IT!

THANK YOU MAGPUL - Two thumbs up!

Fireglock
04-24-09, 17:25
4/24 - received only Trigger Guard; MS2 and ASAP were listed 'Backordered' on the receipt (transactions still pending not posted as of yet)

but what happens with backorder items? Do we get notified when they are back in stock? or do they just automatically charge and ship? Any info greatly appreciated.

~ Fire

ps. I also ordered a Sand Camo MS2 on 4/18 and pending transaction showed 4/23. Was I too late?

Once you get a confirmation e-mail that's the last you hear from Magpul until your product arrives. If you watch your card online you'll see the charge show up and then it's just a waiting game. I believe they hold your B/O and then ship when available, they charge your card at that time as well. Here's the skinny from their website.

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo&zenid=69c6639800c81dcff211d82e0b208528

SwatDawg15
04-24-09, 20:12

~ Fire

ps. I also ordered a Sand Camo MS2 on 4/18 and pending transaction showed 4/23. Was I too late?

Justin said the sand camo was sold out a few days ago. Email me and change it to a black MS2 if they have that. I dount you see any more sand camos for awhile.

rob_s
04-24-09, 21:49
I would have clicked "whatever color you have in stock" had I been given that choice.

pinkejon
04-24-09, 22:38
I don't think they have any in stock. I ordered the black ms2 on the 17th and its backordered.

If you order several items from Magpul, they will ship whatever they have in stock. The backordered items are shipped as they come in.

So yes they just charge and ship.

Fireglock
04-24-09, 22:44
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the web page said the Sand Camo was a limited run color. I thought it might have been a bad batch (off color/mis-dyed) of webbing and they decided to capitalize on it. Mine very much favors foliage green w/FDE added which is fine with me. I think it turned out as a good shade, especially if you have both colors of furniture.

brianc142
04-25-09, 01:22
I ordered my sand camo MS2 on 4/15 and it still shows processing so I assume I was too late as well. I would gladly accept any color but it looks like I was late on all accounts.

pinkejon
04-25-09, 09:47
I ordered my MS2 and ASAP on the 17th. I just checked my cc and magpul has apending charge for the whole amount. Hopefully that means they will ship soon.

travclem
04-25-09, 17:20
I ordered on the 14th and they preauthed my card but never charged me. I think they are oout of stock.

nhm16
04-25-09, 19:34
I ordered on the 14th and they preauthed my card but never charged me. I think they are oout of stock.

Ordered on the same day, along with an ASAP. Fedex came by this afternoon (a Saturday, no less!). Was really surprised. Like the sling, don't know how I feel about the ASAP, because the little nub that indexes with the receiver extension is a separate little piece of metal that you have to insert with a pair of tweezers.

SwatDawg15
04-26-09, 00:03
Ordered on the same day, along with an ASAP. Fedex came by this afternoon (a Saturday, no less!). Was really surprised. Like the sling, don't know how I feel about the ASAP, because the little nub that indexes with the receiver extension is a separate little piece of metal that you have to insert with a pair of tweezers.

That is the anti rotation pin.. I dont see the problem?

Shark
04-26-09, 05:05
Ordered on 15 April, delivered on the 25th.:D

C45P312
04-26-09, 10:29
Ordered on 15 April, delivered on the 25th.:D

Man oh man. I ordered 14 April and have yet to see mine!

GlockWRX
04-28-09, 10:51
I ordered on the 14th. My card was finally charged this morning, but not for the full amount. Doing the math, it appears they won't ship the Glock Speed Plates. But it looks like they are sending the ASAP and Sand Camo MS2. Woohoo!

So if you ordered on the 14th, there is still some hope.

rob_s
04-28-09, 12:01
Yep, I got charged last Friday the 24th.

Fire
04-28-09, 13:47
Received Black MS2 and ASAP today! :D (ordered the 15th)

Thank you very much Magpul! Love it!!! :)

msstate56
04-28-09, 15:43
I ordered on the 14th as well. My card still has not been charged. The wait continues...

pinkejon
04-28-09, 17:55
Ordered mine on the 18th. No e-mail from Magpul, and the status hasn't changed on their site. FedEx showed up with ASAP and my black MS2:D

codyzx7
04-28-09, 20:39
I ordered on the 14th and received my sling and ASAP today. I got it installed as soon as I got home. I'm not sure I like the single point setup though. I may have to switch to a dedicated 2 point.

travclem
04-29-09, 00:26
Ordered on the 14th and it came in today

C45P312
04-29-09, 13:56
Ordered the 14th and it came in today as well (Sand Camo)

Fire
04-29-09, 14:20

Sand Camo arrived today :)

Thanks Magpul! Love it! and Thanks to everyone for the many replies

Fireglock
04-29-09, 14:30
The sand camo thing is interesting. They originally listed Black and FDE on the website for the second batch then suddenly they weren't available. Then the sand camo becomes available along with black. The sand camo comes with a black labeled instruction sheet and product number. I say bad dye lot that turned out right for at least some of us. Pretty clever on their part to make lemonade out of lemons. :)

rob_s
04-29-09, 21:01
Mine was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Withholding judgment but...

brianc142
04-29-09, 21:27
Ordered on 4/15, still no charge or no sling.:confused:

skidoojc
04-29-09, 22:35
Ordered on the 14th, and just got the charge on the old card today, we'll see when it shows up.

Surf
04-30-09, 01:01
I turned my Vickers into a dual purpose, single point / two point sling, a long time ago with some simple additions. I also have it set up to quickly switch between uppers. Works like a charm. ;)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/SSDSurf/Guns/IMG_23481.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/SSDSurf/Guns/IMG_23491.jpg

pinkejon
04-30-09, 02:09
Got my ASAP and MS2 installed and I love it!!! I used a Spec ops Mamba on my M4 in Iraq and I loved that, but this MS2 is really good. It is now on my PWS Diablo and my Mamba is on my Dept Bushmaster. Thanks Magpul!!! I will post a pic when it is done. My Diablo is almost done. I just need my Mbus front sight and it is in the mail. Merry Christmas to me.:D

skidoojc
04-30-09, 16:32
Ordered on the 14th, and just got the charge on the old card today, we'll see when it shows up.

It was on the porch when I got home today, charged one day received the next.

msstate56
04-30-09, 17:33
Mine came today. There is still hope.

C45P312
04-30-09, 17:40
Just installed mine on my SBR and man do I feel more flexible.

C45P312
04-30-09, 17:41
Ran different drills here at the range I work at and it's very much functional. I'm going to try it in an upcoming class to see how it really performs with me behind it.

BAC
05-01-09, 13:58
Well sunovagun. My order of a dozen Pmags ordered in November came in today, all new manufacture, and the "Sand" MS2 sling I thought was out of stock apparently wasn't.

Christmas in May for me. :D

-B

Byron
05-01-09, 15:36
I ordered my black MS2 on April 21 and it showed up today.
Can't wait to get home and try it out :D

mjpsyr
05-02-09, 02:46
I currently have a gear sector single point and like it. Has anyone else had one and changed to the ms2? If so why. What advantages does the ms2 offer (other than being able to convert to a 2 point) over the gear sector. Any information on your experience will be appreciated.

C45P312
05-02-09, 06:24
I currently have a gear sector single point and like it. Has anyone else had one and changed to the ms2? If so why. What advantages does the ms2 offer (other than being able to convert to a 2 point) over the gear sector. Any information on your experience will be appreciated.

I run both as well. I like them both. I really thing when compairing quality single point slings against others, the MS2 really stands out when paired with the ASAP

mvician
05-02-09, 15:31
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/FDEkiss/MagpulMS2001.jpg

SWATcop556
05-03-09, 03:11
I still run my Vickers on my Middie but the MS2 is definitely at home on the SBR's.

I'm getting ready to mod two CQD attachment points for the 2 point application. Pics to follow.

Chase G.
08-06-09, 19:35
Does any one know if the MS2 will fit in the MTAR-TS foward mount?:)

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=80

jp0319
08-06-09, 22:35
ok I may be looking in the wrong place but when I go on Magpuls site I see coming soon under the MS2 with no ability to purchase.

ICE1811
08-06-09, 23:21
A couple weeks ago...or maybe even last week, MAGPUL put up a few SAND CAMO slings...gone with the wind...

If you really want one, I'd save the page to your favorites and time to time check the status...

Chase G.
08-07-09, 19:13
In stock in black and FDE:):)
Just got mine.:)

kwelz
08-07-09, 19:40
I just put in an order for an FDE sling. Said that both it and the Black were in stock. However when I got my confirmation email it said Black. :confused:

I sent them an email. Hopefully they correct it.

shadco
08-07-09, 20:03
I just put in an order for an FDE sling. Said that both it and the Black were in stock. However when I got my confirmation email it said Black. :confused:

I sent them an email. Hopefully they correct it.

I just popped in an order for FDE

This is what it showed

Hope they get yours straight

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x MS2 Multi-Mission Sling (MAG501) = $49.95
Color Options Flat Dark Earth
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $49.95
Zone Rates (Shipping to US): $8.99
Total: $58.94

Buckeye0311
08-07-09, 20:22
Yahoooooo!!!!! I just ordered mine!!!! Finally!!

kwelz
08-07-09, 20:54
Given how popular these are, I will not be upset with Magpul if they can't correct the order. Of course I would be really happy if they were are able to fix it.

Bowser
08-07-09, 21:12
Put in an order for a couple slings for my and my buddy along with some ASAPs. I hope they're not back ordered!

Luke_Y
08-07-09, 21:30
In stock in black and FDE:):)
Just got mine.:)

Thanks for the heads up. Got an order in as well :)

Chase G.
08-07-09, 22:18
yeah no problem guys
thanks,:)

kwelz
08-10-09, 20:07
As always, Magpul is a cut above the rest. I had an email in my inbox first thing this morning telling me they had fixed the order. I would have been happy even if they did not, since there is no proof I ordered it in FDE like I know I did. However they didn't even argue they just fixed it.