PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about CMMG?

lmt-cazy
04-13-09, 21:16
I want to get some parts for my new build, and want to know CMMG Inc any good. thanks

motoman
04-13-09, 21:28
i heard they mag particle test their barrels and bolts so they would be a better company than those that dont.

NCPatrolAR
04-13-09, 21:36
I'm about to build an upper using one of their 14.5" lightweight barrels. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Alex F
04-14-09, 09:28
I did a build with one of their stripped lowers, everything fit perfectly with no wiggle.

I have a friend with a complete CMMG M4gery and it's a quality rifle.

Gentoo
04-14-09, 09:49
I've seen their lowers, once. It looked pretty clean, but its not like I'm some kind of expert.

I'd like to know what the quality of their LPK is.

PlatoCATM
04-14-09, 09:54
A LEO at a recent carbine class had a SBR made by CMMG. It functioned well until the last relay when it went tits up. That thing was fubar; I think it required complete disassembly of the lower to fix it, but I don't know what the cause was.

SWATcop556
04-14-09, 15:09
I had a 14.5 upper from them several years ago and I didn't have any problems with it. That being said I have heard that there are some QC issues that are hit and miss. I also have read from very respected and credible sources that there barrels are no-go with suppressors.

Like I said my experience with their upper was a good one but I know there have been those that were not pleased. I think it comes down to application.

Shihan
04-14-09, 15:34
There have been reports on here and I cant find the thread by a ex CMMG employee about the parts basically being DPMS for quite abit of it. I dont know if anything has changed or not.

Bimmer
04-15-09, 01:49
My sample of one...

I've got a complete CMMG mid-length gun, and I've had no problems with it. I've got their .22 kit, and it's also been trouble-free.

I wouldn't hesitate to order CMMG stuff again, but I've heard enough stories of poor CS that I'd order through a dealer (and they discount CMMG's MSRP/MAP).

Bimmer

N2CH_556
04-15-09, 02:18
In order to maintain a site that is an effective database of good information, it is best to post information that you have first hand knowledge of. If you are repeating information that you have been told or have read from another poster, it is best to disclose that in the opening of the post.That said, as stated above, some respected folks have reported that the threads are not concentric to the bore and are therefore unfit for suppressors, while others run suppressors on CMMG barrels with no problem. If you don't plan on running a suppressor, this is a moot point.

From a statistical sampling of one, my 14.5" CMMG middy (w/ BCM BCG) runs fine. Gonna push it through its first carbine course in the next few weeks.

For another sample of one, there's a cool thread in the Custom Build Forum (here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13960)) with what looks like a 14.5" lightweight middy.

You may also want to check The Chart by Rob_s for more info.

There may be a long wait, depending on what you order, and some say their customer service (while improving) leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't know as I ordered my upper through a dealer (http://www.southernmichiganarms.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=40) and never dealt with CMMG directly.

Mung
04-15-09, 12:26
What's their turn around time? I'd like to buy an upper, but not if it's going to take 6 months.