PDA

View Full Version : what profile is the spikes .22lr M4 barrel?

Phazuka
04-14-09, 13:59
what profile is the spikes .22lr m4 barrel, both the standard and the Walther upgrade barrel. I thought someone said before that they are heavy under the handguards. is that true? or ate they govt profile?

Shihan
04-14-09, 15:37
I believe they are GOV profile but will check mine and change this if not true.

johnnywitt
04-14-09, 16:02
What kind of luck are you people having with the Spikes. They tout the **** out of them on ARFCOM and they pretty much dump all over the the Tac Sol. I need a .22 upper and I own a Pac Lite from Tac Sol and have had good luck with that unit. Tac Sol's AR22 Upper is cheaper 525.00 shipped from mizzoumule.com and it comes with one BDM Mag as well- Spikes doesn't come with a mag at all and at north of 600 bucks a unit, this just isn't right in my mind. Also, I have the Geissele SSA triggers on order and I heard from the boys over at Spikes through apost on the industy page by them that the Spikes bolt doesn't like the hooked triggers like a Geissele. Spikes run better with the KAC, or a JP.
Anybody have both that could give the skinny as I just don't trust a lot of the stuff over at ARfCOM (too subjective). Lot's of those guys seem to have a dog in the fight.:rolleyes:
I really need a dedicated .22 upper. This ammo insanity and just the hassle of tracking it down is enough to get you shooting a lot of .22RF for a while till this panic buying abates a little bit, if it ever does. I guess credit cards will finally reach their max and that will slow a lot of you middle class people down.