PDA

View Full Version : So Long Sadam?

K.L. Davis
12-29-06, 22:01
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein, the shotgun-waving dictator who ruled Iraq with a remorseless brutality for a quarter-century and was driven from power by a U.S.-led war that left his country in shambles, was taken to the gallows and executed Saturday, Iraqi state-run television reported.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061230/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam

Akoni
12-29-06, 22:04
As South Park the Movie predicted.... Saddam is now satan's b!tch. Next!

Milkman
12-29-06, 22:07
It is really no news either way. The secular Muslims hated him for his brutality and the fanatic Muslims hated him for being secular. Either way, once he was driven from power his following pretty much ended. Good riddance, lets move on.

K.L. Davis
12-29-06, 22:09
...lets move on.

Sure, easy for you to say.

I am still cleaning up mayonaise from the last little experiement :p

baffle Stack
12-29-06, 22:16
What no video?

KevinB
12-29-06, 22:35
Celebratory fire woke me from my beauty sleep.

RyanS
12-29-06, 22:49
Only thing that would have made it better is if it was an ole' fashioned hanging with multiple gallows and Lil' Kim Jong-Il, Ahmadinejad, and a few other pricks were lined up next to him with lubed up knots and long ropes.

Nathan_Bell
12-29-06, 22:57
Celebratory fire woke me from my beauty sleep.

MUNCHKIN VOICE/ Ding, Dong the Witch is Dead /MUNCHKIN VOICE

S-1
12-29-06, 23:05
We should've killed him in that rat hole that we found him in.

Glockster35
12-30-06, 00:25
First: It's about damn time he found his place with the devil!

Secondly: I hope all the men and women of the United States and it's allies remain safe inthe coming days.

I foresee this being an ugly few days!

To those in harms way, be safe, be careful, and come home safe!

JLM
12-30-06, 03:39
In the immortal words of Cheech and Chong: "bye bye lardass!" :cool:

markdeerhunter
12-30-06, 05:29
Good riddance.

Dport
12-30-06, 06:08
It will be interesting to see what the unintended consequences from this are.

We have many allies that are Sunni with Shia populations who have blood on their hands. Will they see this as a "message" to play ball? Or will they see this as a reason to oppose our policies in the Middle East?

M4arc
12-30-06, 07:53
I don't see how this is going to make a difference one way or the other. I hope it brings a feeling of 'justice has finally been served' to the Kurds and other Iraqi people but I don't think it's going to change the course of things over there.

I would have rather seen that jackass from Iran hanged.

Yojimbo
12-30-06, 08:43
One less P.O.S. in the world. Now it's time to move on to the next one...

graffex
12-30-06, 08:52
Happy New Years Saddam :)

I'd love to see the look in that piece of garbage eyes when he realizes that there is no Alah and he sees what he has to look forward to for eternity.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/u/U/saddam_hang.gif

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 09:16
I believe the Devil has a nice Pineapple waiting for him! ;)

C4

Submariner
12-30-06, 11:02
Don't attempt to whack a former POTUS. His son might be elected POTUS, and your sorry ass will end up swinging from a rope.

Dead men tell no tales.

Dozer
12-30-06, 14:47
I believe the Devil has a nice Pineapple waiting for him! ;)
C4

Dude that is so funny. I wonder who gets the bigger one, him or Hitler?:p

S/F
Libardo

Glockster35
12-30-06, 14:50
My guess would be Hitler, but either way, what does it matter?

They are both getting it one way or another!

Hawkeye
12-30-06, 16:56
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

M4arc
12-30-06, 17:29
One less wart on the ass of society - The world According to Garp

Kisara
12-30-06, 23:59
Uncut video is up on Michelle Malkin's web blog.

FJB
12-31-06, 14:22
Here is a leaked video that looks like it was taken with a cell phone. The quality isn't too good, but it does show him dropping.

http://pandachute.com/videos/leaked_saddam_being_hung_video

Striker5
01-01-07, 07:30
Ta ta! Hopefully this will send a message to other dictators that they can bite the dust, personally, if they tangle with us. This guy was the boogeyman of those people for decades and it will be interesting to see their long term reaction. I am reminded of "Nero redidivus" - when Nero died, Romans initially refused to believe it. They thought it was him playing a trick to see who would celebrate. Obviously very different from Saddam's demise, but there are some similarities in how brutal dictators can become almost superhuman beings in the eyes of their oppressed victims.

I am disappointed that he apparently took it like a man. Some crying and blubbering would have been immensely satisfying.