PDA

View Full Version : .223 Centurion Military Contract 55gr. FMJ Ammo

truth
04-14-09, 20:57
1000 / $449.95 (http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/cPath/0_24_83_105/products_id/2133)

markm
04-15-09, 08:35
It was $379 at J&G according to booger eaters from TOS.

Sad that Ammunitiontogo had followed Cheaperthandirts price list.

Shihan
04-15-09, 17:42
My question military contract for who?

flanntastic
04-15-09, 19:46
its not military contract, its just a DOD contractor assembling it out of new components

markm
04-15-09, 20:07
Indeed. Don't get too hung up on the Mil thing. It's regular old .223. Decent ammo from what I've read, but it's not really M193.

Cold Zero
04-16-09, 17:48
It was $379 at J&G according to booger eaters from TOS.

Sad that Ammunitiontogo had followed Cheaperthandirts price list.

Well, sadly we can now add Sportsmans Guide Warehouse to the list.
Their prices change from the time you order and when they ship, you must pay the higher price.

I ordered ammo awhile back, paid the $30 fee to join their member club to get a discounted price. I received my welcome to the Member club letter and membership card. There were not restrictions on the card for what you could buy or how much.

The ammo was backordered, they shipped some of it, but at a higher price than what my invoice stated and no discounted price for joining their club, nor refund of my $30 club membership dues. I think it defeats the purpose of paying the $30 to get the discount, if they won't give you the discount. :rolleyes:

They did not even have the decency to ask if I wanted their precious ammo at the new higher pricing. They just billed me for it. I wonder if that is credit card fraud, or bait and switch.

I would stay far away from them. I did try to explain to them and work something out before posting my experience, per forum rules, but they did not care what their contract/invoice says. They just won't honor it regardless. I only wish I had known that they would not honor their written pricing and I could have ordered elsewhere. When I complained to them, they canceled my order.

Heavy Metal
04-16-09, 19:45
Their prices change from the time you order and when they ship, you must pay the higher price.

I ordered ammo awhile back, paid the $30 fee to join their member club to get a discounted price. I received my welcome to the Member club letter and membership card. There were not restrictions on the card for what you could buy or how much.

The ammo was backordered, they shipped some of it, but at a higher price than what my invoice stated and no discounted price for joining their club, nor refund of my $30 club membership dues. I think it defeats the purpose of paying the $30 to get the discount, if they won't give you the discount. :rolleyes:

They did not even have the decency to ask if I wanted their precious ammo at the new higher pricing. They just billed me for it. I wonder if that is credit card fraud, or bait and switch.

I would stay far away from them. I did try to explain to them and work something out before posting my experience, per forum rules, but they did not care what their contract/invoice says. They just won't honor it regardless. I only wish I had known that they would not honor their written pricing and I could have ordered elsewhere. When I complained to them, they canceled my order.

No, they are noe supposed to do that. Proabally constitutes fraud.

As the toe membership charge, call your CC company and have them do a charge-back.

Shihan
04-17-09, 14:54
its not military contract, its just a DOD contractor assembling it out of new components

I was trying to make a funny as we all know there no mil buying that stuff.

Steelblitz
04-29-09, 12:48
I just got a 1000 rounds of this stuff deliverd today. My total bill with shipping was $351 from SG. That's with the club discount and using one of their shipping coupons. It was backordered on me for 2 months and they the honored the old price for me.

GreyOps
05-07-09, 07:21

I had the same problem a few months ago ordering 45 ACP from them. The original price on my invoice was significantly less than what I was charged when the order was shipped. After calling CS, explaining, and providing an electronic copy of my original invoice; they corrected the discrepancy and charged me the lower (original) price. Apparently it was a problem with their computer system. All in all I thought it was very professionally handled as were any complaints I had in the past, maybe it was just the CS rep I was dealing with though.

Cold Zero
05-07-09, 08:38
I had the same problem a few months ago ordering 45 ACP from them. The original price on my invoice was significantly less than what I was charged when the order was shipped.

Imagine that, the same thing happened to you. I'll bet there are many others that they have done that too as well. They should not be allowed to get away with it, time after time. I filed a dispute with my CC co. and if that does not resolve it, the BBB will be next.

This is the beauty part about forums like this. Hopefully, other guys will learn from our experience and not order from ***SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE***.

I know if I had seen a warning, I would have ordered from another vendor.