PDA

View Full Version : H&K Mags ???????

jp0319
04-16-09, 09:01
Ok so I was on another Forum (I'm sorry this is my fovorite) and people were talking about H&K AR mags are the best thing since sliced bread and pretty much make the world a better place. So i looked into them and holy crap I saw some going for $65 each! Does anyone have and experience with them? What is so great about them, I mean you can buy 3 Pmags for that or 4 USGI mags both of which work for me fine. I dont understand:confused:

usmc51
04-16-09, 09:04
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22123

Personally, I don't like them.

markm
04-16-09, 09:23
What is so great about them [?]

They say HK on them.

You could put HK on a pile of dogshit, and these kind of morons would fight for it.

HK mags really have a mediocre reputation, at best, with people who have full funtioning brains.

jp0319
04-16-09, 09:52
They say HK on them.

You could put HK on a pile of dogshit, and these kind of morons would fight for it.

HK mags really have a mediocre reputation, at best, with people who have full funtioning brains.

Thatswhat I thought, I posted sort of the same type of comment on the other forum.

brianc142
04-16-09, 10:25
I used to like them until P Mags came out. I dumped all of my HK mags if favor of P Mags and got twice the number of mags for what I sold the used HK mags for.

citizensoldier16
04-16-09, 11:58
I used to like them until P Mags came out. I dumped all of my HK mags if favor of P Mags and got twice the number of mags for what I sold the used HK mags for.

Like he said...2 PMAGS for the price of 1 HK. IMHO the PMAGS are just as good if not better, so simple economics comes into play.

In2Deep
04-16-09, 12:24
So when you find replacement mag spring, let us know.

Why in the world would you spend that kind of money when the better alternatives cost so much less. Even a GI mag with a Magpul follower is a better solution than wasting money in HK mags.

Magazines are expendable items. People tend to hang on to them when they are used up, especially when the cost a bunch of money.

No magazine is perfect, but some have come much closer than others. HK ain't in that group.

Kimbo
04-16-09, 13:01
They were steel, had hk on them, and were heavy. They didn't have a cheap feel to them and they were HK lol. They are good mags but for the price I would rather have 3 pmags for the price of one Hk.

Iraqgunz
04-16-09, 13:50
I used a mixture of new Colt and H/K mags a couple of years back. The H/K mags did their job at that time. That being said I wouldn't waste my money on them now when you get a 3-1 PMAG advantage.

yellowthunder
04-16-09, 14:49
The price was the biggest killer for my purchase. 1 HK mag or 3 PMags with windows... PMags for me!

jp0319
04-16-09, 16:08
yeah I agree with you all I just wanted to get a feel what you thought but the other forum I was on they seemed to think the sun rose and set with the H&K mag all the crap they were saying. I mean for that much money that mag better freaking make my bullets do some matrix shit. Thats damn expensive for a magazine that outwardly looks identical to the USGI mag albeit with a black finish.

Jack-O
04-16-09, 23:56
For cold weather, the HK mag is a very good mag IME. I dont need to run over my mags to know they work well and resist damage when dropped. Are they worth the $ ? dont know, but I have enough, that if they do pass another mag ban, I'll make a killing selling them and just use GI mags. I'm not convinced that the pmag is the shiznit, as I keep hearing about consistent cracking even on new models. I just got some for myself to try out tho.

For the dollar, it's really hard to beat a standard GI mag tho. maybe add a magpul follower and you'll be fine for a very long time.

HK mags aint garbage by any means, but they are probably not worth the price either.

Iraqgunz
04-17-09, 03:14
Jack-O,

The problem is you are hearing or in this case reading some stuff on the internet and you have have no first hand knowledge of it happening. Magpul has acknowledged that they had issues and they offered to replace them.

Send your worn out or damaged mags back to H/K and see what happens.

For cold weather, the HK mag is a very good mag IME. I dont need to run over my mags to know they work well and resist damage when dropped. Are they worth the $ ? dont know, but I have enough, that if they do pass another mag ban, I'll make a killing selling them and just use GI mags. I'm not convinced that the pmag is the shiznit, as I keep hearing about consistent cracking even on new models. I just got some for myself to try out tho.

For the dollar, it's really hard to beat a standard GI mag tho. maybe add a magpul follower and you'll be fine for a very long time.

HK mags aint garbage by any means, but they are probably not worth the price either.

Abraxas
04-17-09, 05:39
I have 3 HK mags that were a gift to me. 2 seem to work just fine, one did not work from the start. The spring just would not push the final few rounds up high enough to clear the front of the mag and make it into the chamber. I replaced the spring and follower with a magpul spring and follower, and now it works great. Just a sample of three though.

trunkmonkey
04-19-09, 21:42
paid 30 bucks a piece for mine brand new. only a fool would pay as much as some are asking.

Having said that I haven't had a problem with any. when I do they will get smashed with a hammer. until then.......rock on.

Jack-O
04-19-09, 21:47
Jack-O,

The problem is you are hearing or in this case reading some stuff on the internet and you have have no first hand knowledge of it happening. Magpul has acknowledged that they had issues and they offered to replace them.

Send your worn out or damaged mags back to H/K and see what happens.

I readily admit to having no experience with the magpuls. I have heard that thier return policy is excellent tho.

Not being the type to jump in on the newest and greatest fad until it has had time to prove itself out, I am now ready to taste the magpul koolaid. Meantime, the HK mags are still working fine and remain frontline mags for me in my cold and dusty AO.

Anyone try those new tapco mags yet? they might be a winner, and you wouldnt have to wait in line to buy them either.