PDA

View Full Version : Cerakoted Receiver Extensions

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 15:57
Since coating the mags has been a big hit, I thought I would have some Receiver Extensions (buffer tube) done to match the Magpul CTR stocks. They turned out really good and match the Magpul stock perfectly!

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/STAG/Cerakoted%20FDE%20RE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/CTR%20and%20FDE%20Cerakoted%20RE%20Closeup.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/CTR%20and%20FDE%20Cerakoted%20RE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/STAG/Cerakoted%20OD%20RE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/CTR%20and%20OD%20Cerakoted%20RE.jpg

Nathan_Bell
12-30-06, 16:05
I had wondered when you were going to announce these. They were on the counter top last two times I was in your shop.

Nate

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 16:12
I had wondered when you were going to announce these. They were on the counter top last two times I was in your shop.

Nate

As you have seen, there are so many things that I have in the shop that have NEVER made it to the internet yet.

C4

Nathan_Bell
12-30-06, 16:16
As you have seen, there are so many things that I have in the shop that have NEVER made it to the internet yet.

C4

Aye, including the barney light :D

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 16:18
Aye, including the barney light :D

LOL, and the 10/22 AK. :D

C4

K.L. Davis
12-30-06, 16:46
and those pictures from that time that... oh... :eek:

Hey, I have not had much chance to play with Cerakote, but I hear it as about as hard as chinese algebra -- what is the typical surface buildup, if you were trying to keep it thin? Do you know?

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 16:50
and those pictures from that time that... oh... :eek:

Hey, I have not had much chance to play with Cerakote, but I hear it as about as hard as chinese algebra -- what is the typical surface buildup, if you were trying to keep it thin? Do you know?

Somewhere around 3-4 thousandths.

C4

Hawkeye
12-30-06, 16:58
Oohhh...those pretty. Me like.

What brand are the tubes?

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 17:04
Oohhh...those pretty. Me like.

What brand are the tubes?

CMT. I am becoming less and less interested in black rifles these days.

C4

M4arc
12-30-06, 17:31
Grant, can you do some to match an OD Vltor stock? :D

Oh and Lyrch, you're going to be broke living so close to Grant :p

Hawkeye
12-30-06, 17:33
CMT. I am becoming less and less interested in black rifles these days.

C4

See, I was anti black rifle before being anti black rifle was cool. :cool: And to think of all the heck I have caught in the past for not liking them black. :(

Might have to pick up one or two of these when I place my next order for some mags......(which I havent forgotten about)

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 17:43

I wil be honest, having them match the color for just one stock isn't really worth it (sorry).

Lyrch has been popping into the shop about every 2 weeks. He always seems a little lighter when he leaves.

C4

M4arc
12-30-06, 17:47
I understand.

Don't forget about that email you owe me ;)

Dport
12-30-06, 18:02
You leave Virginia and then you get all creative and stuff. WTF? Is there something in the water?

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 18:16
You leave Virginia and then you get all creative and stuff. WTF? Is there something in the water?

No, its called not working two jobs! Working 10hrs a day for the Govt. and then running G&R till midnight EVERYNIGHT, 7 days a week was sucking my creativity out. :D

C4

Aubrey
12-30-06, 19:33
Somewhere around 3-4 thousandths.

So does this thickness have any appreciable affect on mating the extension to the receiver?

Dport
12-30-06, 19:45
No, its called not working two jobs! Working 10hrs a day for the Govt. and then running G&R till midnight EVERYNIGHT, 7 days a week was sucking my creativity out. :D

C4
Excuses, excuses.:p

C4IGrant
12-30-06, 19:51
So does this thickness have any appreciable affect on mating the extension to the receiver?

None. If anything it makes the RE slicker.

C4

Nathan_Bell
12-31-06, 01:33

No doubt, luckily for me I have most of my builds-in-progress done. If that were not the case I would be wearing a sign "Will talk guns for food" around my neck.

Stickman
12-31-06, 01:47
Grant,

I've done this on a few custom builds for friends, and it really makes for a sharp looking build. People who are worried about an increased thickness need not be, it won't do anything in that regard.

C4IGrant
12-31-06, 08:25
Grant,

I've done this on a few custom builds for friends, and it really makes for a sharp looking build. People who are worried about an increased thickness need not be, it won't do anything in that regard.

Agree. It doesn't change anything and looks much nicer than black RE IMHO.

C4