PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!

myjarreth
04-17-09, 23:21
I want an M4 16 inch carbine. Since I shouldn't (according to the wife) afford or find the Noveske, what should I do? I was thinking about LMT? Daniel Defence? or a Colt? Forgive my complete ignorance and Newbie status. Is the Colt LE 6920 a gas piston gun? Is the LMT? is the DD? what would be the best Choice??? Reasons why? Which model are you refering to? Their websites don't break it down for stupid folks like me. But I am smart and willing to learn!

FiveStar
04-17-09, 23:33
The problem now is if you can even find one. I know a couple dealer have the DD carbine in stock. I think it's a good price.
As far as gas piston (less recoil, and cleaner) the XCR's are shipping frequently when ordered, about a month wait.
You probably wont touch a piston carbine for less that $1700 except for that cmmg model. But I have no idea about those or availability.

Iraqgunz
04-17-09, 23:35
Did you use the search function here? I would definitely spend some time browsing here.

A Colt 6920 is a direct gas system and not a piston gun. You may find a Noveske but in this climate it will be expensive. LMT and Daniel Defense are both good carbines and DD can be found on Gunbroker.com and a few other places.

Others are reporting that the wait time to get an LMT piston gun is exceptionally long. You would be well served by an LMT, Colt, Noveske or Daniel Defense M4. You may also want to look at S&W as well.

I want an M4 16 inch carbine. Since I shouldn't (according to the wife) afford or find the Noveske, what should I do? I was thinking about LMT? Daniel Defence? or a Colt? Forgive my complete ignorance and Newbie status. Is the Colt LE 6920 a gas piston gun? Is the LMT? is the DD? what would be the best Choice??? Reasons why? Which model are you refering to? Their websites don't break it down for stupid folks like me. But I am smart and willing to learn!

thopkins22
04-18-09, 00:19
Everyone say thank you Rob_S.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&hl=en