PDA

View Full Version : BFG Molle Belt Review

BushmasterFanBoy
04-18-09, 15:32
It's been a very long time since I've bought new gear. Mostly because I thought my chest rig and pistol belt combo worked great. I was wrong. :eek:

This MOLLE belt is simply amazing. I don't have much experience with duty belts, but it beats the crap out of standalone belts, or even chest rigs. It's a very nice thing to have all your mags and gear perfectly indexed on your waistline.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/Burke888/DSC_015.jpg

I've had this belt for over 3 months now, and have been loving every minute using it. I'm running it with two Eagle FB M4 mag pouches for quick rifle reloads behind a double M9 FB mag pouch (also from Eagle). Initially, I wanted to run a dump pouch, but after toying around with the setup, a DP just got in the way. 4 mags in open topped pouches is not much to manage, IMHO.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/Burke888/DSC_018.jpg

I've also tried using an Esstac Mini-Med pouch as a GP pouch, but the jury is still out on whether or not it will stay, especially if it has to be such a literal pain in the butt. Of course, being a MOLLE belt, if I could find room elsewhere (never thought I would have that issue with my waistline ;)) then I would defiantly keep it on the belt.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/Burke888/DSC_017.jpg

The shroud modded 6004 fits great with this setup. I know most guys like to ditch the thigh rigs when they can, but I keep my leg strap loose so it isn't much of an issue.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/Burke888/DSC_020.jpg

Now for the belt itself: IT'S AMAZING! It's fully adjustable. Fully. Any waist size can fit this thing, you simple slide the side panels to the proper waist size, tighten them in place, velcro them down, and attach the whole thing to a velcro-lined inner belt. I'm using an Eagle duty belt, but BFG makes their own lighter, slimmer belt, which I should pick up.;)

Not to mention, it comes with small sections of velcro that can be relocated to various points along the bottom edge of the molle webbing, letting you make a gap in the connection for a subload. Very handy for me, since I'm running a 6004.

Overall, its an amazing product. I'm going to be using this kit for a long time. For now, my beloved chest rig is pulling bandolier duty, and unless I find myself wanting 6 mags, it's staying in the range bag for now. :cool:

RD62
04-18-09, 17:22
Thanks for the review!

May have to give it a try.

-RD62

mskdgunman
04-18-09, 17:23
Nice set up. Is that a whole belt or is it a MOLLE sleeve that slips over a duty/gun belt?

BushmasterFanBoy
04-18-09, 17:55
Nice set up. Is that a whole belt or is it a MOLLE sleeve that slips over a duty/gun belt?

It's pretty much an adjustable MOLLE sleeve that hooks up to a duty belt via velcro. :)

PlatoCATM
04-18-09, 17:59
Okay, so what kind of duty belt are you using?
Is the 6004 strapped to the duty belt? If not, how is it attached to the molle?

LOKNLOD
04-18-09, 18:24

The 6004 can attach directly to the inner belt because the sleeve can open along the bottom for the strap to stick out.

BushmasterFanBoy
04-18-09, 18:42

The 6004 is attached to the Eagle belt I'm using. The bottom seam along the Molle sleeve is velcro, so subloads can be mounted on the duty belt.

chadbag
04-19-09, 05:36
The 6004 can attach directly to the inner belt because the sleeve can open along the bottom for the strap to stick out.

Just a note. I use this wearing 2 belts. Because I need to keep my pants up I have a standard Liger belt in my pants loops and then the BFG with a TT duty belt on top of that. You cannot tell I have the pants belt on but I put my holster strap on that and not the BFG/TT inner belt so that I can remove the BFG Molle padded belt stuff and keep my sidearm. Just for my fatbody it works out well that way.

LOKNLOD
04-19-09, 09:00
Just a note. I use this wearing 2 belts. Because I need to keep my pants up I have a standard Liger belt in my pants loops and then the BFG with a TT duty belt on top of that. You cannot tell I have the pants belt on but I put my holster strap on that and not the BFG/TT inner belt so that I can remove the BFG Molle padded belt stuff and keep my sidearm. Just for my fatbody it works out well that way.

I'm a relatively small guy and I wear my belt rig over my normal pants belt, as well. I can't imagine getting by without it. Never really thought about leaving my holster on the pants belt but I definitely can see how that works for you. I like for the rig to all be self contained as one unit.

SoDak
04-19-09, 21:50
Did you encounter any problems with the belt staying in place? I'm looking at a belt setup, but I'm just wondering if trying to put four 30 rounders on there would be too much. I tried some homemade belts by running a 1.5" strap through a molle pouch and it sucked. I'm guessing a true molle belt would actually work, right?

BushmasterFanBoy
04-19-09, 22:09
Did you encounter any problems with the belt staying in place? I'm looking at a belt setup, but I'm just wondering if trying to put four 30 rounders on there would be too much. I tried some homemade belts by running a 1.5" strap through a molle pouch and it sucked. I'm guessing a true molle belt would actually work, right?

It stays in place great, of course I have mine tight enough that I don't need suspenders, but BFG offers them if you want more support. The padding on the belt gives it a lot of cushion and helps keep everything snug. If you like a belt setup, I'd highly recommend this one, its fully adjustable, so you can set it up how you like it, depending on how far you want the webbing to go around your waist, etc.

Loner
04-20-09, 05:29
How does this belt or any other molle padded belt stay in place when worn? Do you wear the padded belt with a duty/patrol belt on top of the belt you wear to hold your pants? What prevents the molle belt from moving up or turning?

Surf
04-21-09, 00:20
For light use, some of the slip ons are OK. But for heavy use, I prefer an integrated one piece padded molle belt, as opposed to a sleeve or slip on pad. Under heavy use, I have yet to find one that actually stays in place or that doesn't rotate, especially the more "broken in" it gets. For those who want, or need a belt for heavy duty use, I would suggest a one piece padded molle belt. You will eventually spend more in the long run. Trust me on this one. :)

Stephen_H
04-21-09, 06:09
For light use, some of the slip ons are OK. But for heavy use, I prefer an integrated one piece padded molle belt, as opposed to a sleeve or slip on pad. Under heavy use, I have yet to find one that actually stays in place or that doesn't rotate, especially the more "broken in" it gets. For those who want, or need a belt for heavy duty use, I would suggest a one piece padded molle belt. You will eventually spend more in the long run. Trust me on this one. :)

Our SOC-C Modular Padded Belt is not a "slip on" per se. The outer belt has a strip of 2" hook velcro running the entire length of the belt that attaches to the corresponding loop velcro on most duty belts (including ours). If you can get ours to slip something has not been installed correctly.

Thanks for the kudos gentlemen!

Stephen