PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Manufactuer questions

Jon G23
12-31-06, 03:14
So lets say you have a FFL and want to make guns to sell. If you go for the Class 2 Tax Stamp, do you need any police letters or anything special in order to build SBR's, Full Auto's Etc? I live in Mn and know a guy who does this, but I am not sure if he needed Police letters to build FA's or not. I haven;t been able to get ahold of him to find out.

Thanks!
Jon

GastonG-NoVa
01-03-07, 20:19
I am pretty sure that a class II dealer doesn't need Police letterhead to make his wares.

With normal class III dealers, I believe they need to get letterhead to obtain post samples

Hope I am right,

G

Robb Jensen
01-03-07, 21:15
I'm pretty sure even a Class II manufacturer has to have a LE letter to manufacture non-transferrable Post 86 LE samples machineguns and follow all State laws as well.

kel
01-03-07, 21:39
So lets say you have a FFL and want to make guns to sell. If you go for the Class 2 Tax Stamp, do you need any police letters or anything special in order to build SBR's, Full Auto's Etc?

***If you have an Type 07 FFL, a Class 2 SOT, and have registered/paid your ITAR fees, you have everything you need to be good to go to build and sell your own post sample machineguns, SBRs, SBS, AOW, Suppressors - everything but DDs, which you may do with a Type 10 FFL.

You do not need a police demo letter to manufacture your own products. You *do* still need a police demo letter to buy/transfer in post sample machineguns from other manufacturers. You do not need demo letters to puchase anything else other than machineguns.

You also generally may obtain the occasional DD (one or two) without getting the Type 10/09/11 "DD" FFLs. Buy too many DDs, you get a letter denying transfer.

Kel

hetfield
01-06-07, 20:50
And if you stop business as Class 2 manufacturer all post 86 MGs must be transferred to other SOTs or LEO/mil.

Bliss
01-13-07, 01:39
ITAR fees? Those are fun…$1750 yearly. If you're never going to export your product(s) outside the US...there are ways around paying this.

To make/modify SA lowers to FA, you don't need letterhead...you just need to notify the ATF immediately when you do it.