PDA

View Full Version : Walther P22

rtb1973
04-20-09, 19:32
Does anyone have a walther p22 with a Suppressor? If so how do you like it and what suppressor do you have?

m4fun
04-20-09, 19:42
I have one with an AAC pilot. Works wells. Does not like all ammo, but what .22 does.

Best combo with it is with Aguila subsonic.

OPPFOR
04-20-09, 19:51
Gemtech Outback II. My first and only suppressor so no way to compare to others. Does what its meant to do. P22 is picky on ammo. I would stay away from lead ammo. It tends to stick inside the barrel and I'm sure it collects in the suppressor as well. A 1/2 x 28 threaded adapter is needed for your barrel.

http://www.gem-tech.com/outback.html

subzero
04-20-09, 20:41
I had one paired with an SWR Omega. As previously stated, it's picky on ammo. I still have it, but a friend was kind enough to break it for me(dry firing, don't do it) and I can't figure out where to send it to get it fixed so I can dump it.

MX5
04-24-09, 20:29
Gemtech Outback II. Mine runs with most .22 LR rounds & I've tried quite a few. I like Mini Mag Subsonics, Remington Subsonics & WW Target loads the best. In the short barrel version of the P22, I find that most, if not all of the cartridges are at subsonic velocity. However, the 3 aforementioned cartridges are very reliable & a bit quieter than most in my sample.

rparker762
04-26-09, 07:04
I had one paired with an SWR Omega. As previously stated, it's picky on ammo. I still have it, but a friend was kind enough to break it for me(dry firing, don't do it) and I can't figure out where to send it to get it fixed so I can dump it.

Just call S&W. They'll take care of you.

rtb1973
04-26-09, 14:43
ttt:D:cool:

varoadking
04-26-09, 18:19
I had not one, but two of them. Worst POS I ever had the pleasure to dispose of...

Paul D
04-26-09, 23:46
In order to get an expedient platform for a .22 can, the P22 is a good option. It is easy to a thread adapter. It is small and an inexpensive. However, its design and build is kinda pedestrian. It is definitely choosey about ammo. It is not particularly accurate. I planning to swtich out the barrel of my Buckmark.

frbowers
04-27-09, 13:02
Tactical Innovations TAC65 can. Got it a few years ago and the gun/can package was about $400. I have other .22 suppressors that are quieter, The TAC 65 has a pretty good first round pop, but quiets down after that. Would like to compare it with an Outback sometime. I run CCI Standard Velocity or Mini Mags through most of my suppressed .22s. Standard velocity obviously being the quieter choice. I've had really good luck with PMC Moderator, but it will not reliably cycle any of my semi autos.