PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch/iPhone question

Puffy93
04-20-09, 21:45
I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here

This is probably a dumb question but here it goes. Does anyone know how to post pictures on here with an iPhone/iPod touch, I can't seem to get it to work. I don't always have access to a computer but always to iPod touch/iPhone and would like to be able to post pics. With it.

subzero
04-20-09, 22:23
I haven't tried uploading directly to this site. Why bother. That's why we have free photo hosts.

Get one of the Flickr uploader Apps. Upload stuff from phone to your Flickr account (if you don't have one, they're free). Post as normal with the IMG code on the photo size page.

It'll get easier when the 3.0 software update comes out and we can copy/paste. For now, I think you have to do it the hard way: write down the URL and punch it in.

Puffy93
04-20-09, 22:36
You wouldn't happen to know the name of the app would you. I can't find it

VooDoo6Actual
04-20-09, 23:22
I'll offer some help.

go to :

1) Make sure your IPhone has current Apple iPhone software.

2) http://photobucket.com/
open an account by registering and use the Mobile Phone Icon and option.

3) Plug in your iPhone to USB port on your CPU (laptop/desktop)

4) Your Photobucket account will/should recognize device, select Icon from Mobile Phone, go to pictures on menu and select what photos you want to download from iPhone.

5) Next once the desired pics are on your Photobucket Photo Album you can copy and paste them from your Photo Album IMG File code and post them on M4C's post.

I tried to keep it simple ....

Feel free to pm me and I'll help you out if needed.

HTH

dookie1481
04-21-09, 02:57
I just email them to myself then save them to my HD. Then post on the forum. The photobucket thing works well too.

Jay

Shotdown
04-21-09, 03:38
I just email them to myself then save them to my HD. Then post on the forum. The photobucket thing works well too.

Jay

Same here.

ToddG
04-21-09, 09:00
I just email them to myself then save them to my HD. Then post on the forum.

Ditto.

faithmyeyes
04-21-09, 09:39
If I understood the original poster correctly, he needs a solution that doesn't require a PC - so emailing to himself or getting the photos off the phone via sync or otherwise won't help him.

As far as I know, the Safari browser on the iPhone doesn't allow file uploads. subzero's approach is probably your best bet, since there are stand-alone apps that upload photos to Flickr. Do a search for "Flickr" in the App Store... one free one is "flickr sendr." That should get your photos from the phone directly to Flickr - then you can post them here as links.

HTH
faithmyeyes

dookie1481
04-21-09, 11:48
If I understood the original poster correctly, he needs a solution that doesn't require a PC - so emailing to himself or getting the photos off the phone via sync or otherwise won't help him.

As far as I know, the Safari browser on the iPhone doesn't allow file uploads. subzero's approach is probably your best bet, since there are stand-alone apps that upload photos to Flickr. Do a search for "Flickr" in the App Store... one free one is "flickr sendr." That should get your photos from the phone directly to Flickr - then you can post them here as links.

HTH
faithmyeyes

Actually your flickr account should come with a remote upload email address; just email to that address and they are automatically uploaded to your flickr account.

Jay

Puffy93
04-21-09, 15:19
Ok I have downloaded the Flickr Sendr and sent a couple of random pics to flickr but can't seem to find how to link them. Does it use a [img] code or what cause I can't find it.

subzero
04-21-09, 18:24
When you open a photo page there's a bar over top that says (among other things) All Sizes. When you open that link, it gives you small, medium and large along with a direct link (that you can then use the IMG tags on) and HTML if you want to insert it directly.

Like I said, it'll get easier when the 3.0 software update comes out and we get copy/paste. Although I did read something about a standalone copy/paster on G4.tv a while back...

Puffy93
04-21-09, 18:43
Ok something's wrong

So I'm on the "your photostream" page in the regular web version and I click on the photo to post and then it transfers me to the mobile version and there isn't a clickable banner above it other than the flickr icon. Does it not work on the mobile version? Am I doing something wrong?