PDA

View Full Version : Oly 9mm Done

M&P45
04-20-09, 21:52
Here is a crappy pic of my KISS Oly upper mounted to a Pre-ban (NY) PWA lower. Shoots great so far. I have 24 mags but have only tried 6 so far with 100% reliability. I'm going to swap the upper for a flat top once I drill the holes for the ejector.

****Update***
Swapped CMT A3 upper and added the Danial Defense rear sight and MOE handguards. Waiting for a black MOE grip to become available. I'm planning on adding an Aimpoint as soon as funds allow.Steve at www.adcofirearms.com drilled the upper for the OLY ejector. Runs like a top!

Before:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1043466/Oly%20upper%20%28Medium%29.jpg

After:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1043466/P1000445%20(Medium).JPG

LonghunterCO
04-20-09, 23:03
Is that the Hann block with STEN mags?

M&P45
04-21-09, 13:33
I am 99% sure the magwell block is from Kurts Kustom Firearms. I got it used. Here is a link: Kurts Kustom Firearms (http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/catalog/item/29585/386988.htm)

M&P45
05-26-09, 15:38
Edited original post with new pic and specs..

LonghunterCO
05-26-09, 17:34
Very nice. I like the changes. To my eye, the pistol cal. builds look best with a A1 upper of the flat top. The A2 sights just seem to be way over kill.

Saginaw79
05-26-09, 18:38
I want a .45 caliber one but they are rare as are mags that fit them, but I have been considering a 9mm build as a pistol at first w/ a 10.5'' barrel and then eventually an SBR stamp so I can add a stock

LonghunterCO
05-26-09, 18:45
I want a .45 caliber one but they are rare as are mags that fit them, but I have been considering a 9mm build as a pistol at first w/ a 10.5'' barrel and then eventually an SBR stamp so I can add a stock

Many guys over at TOS go this route (with both rifle and pistol cal. weapons). I don't think that it is too bad a way to go. You get to have all the bugs worked out of you build while you are waiting on your stamp.
As to .45 builds, have you considered a Cav Arms lower for your build?

Dunderway
06-14-09, 01:06
Waiting for a black MOE grip to become available.

FYI, I couldn't find them anywhere either but ordered direct from Magpul and received it in a little over two weeks. This was fairly recent.

M&P45
06-14-09, 08:06
FYI, I couldn't find them anywhere either but ordered direct from Magpul and received it in a little over two weeks. This was fairly recent.

Thanks. I already did the same. It took a week from Magpul. I have it installed. I like the MAID on my other AR better. The large back strap works better for me. I'll keep the MOE on the 9mm but will stick with the MAID for future purchases.

Saginaw79
06-14-09, 10:11
Many guys over at TOS go this route (with both rifle and pistol cal. weapons). I don't think that it is too bad a way to go. You get to have all the bugs worked out of you build while you are waiting on your stamp.
As to .45 builds, have you considered a Cav Arms lower for your build?

I have but I truly dislike their lowers. They are good quality but Im not a fan of them.

Someone was supposed to be releasing a metal AR type Lower w/ a wider magwell that accepts grease gun mags but I havnt heard anymore on them in years

I may just go w/ a Cav Arms when I decide to do this as it can take the adapter for grease gun mags but that precludes a short barrel for the time being as the stock is one piece w/ the lower

MiggyE
08-02-09, 22:47

recently found that there is a 45 caliber AR carbine from la france which use thompson mags. actually started a thread here asking if anyone has shot one.....